GO!

2010 ADOPT AND STROLL CONTEST...WINNERS' CIRCLE!!!

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Gibbon

I came. I saw.- I conquered!

Barked: Tue Jun 1, '10 3:22pm PST 
It has been a long and very tough road for all the judges but the votes are finalized and we have the WINNERS of the ADOPT 2010 Stroll and Contest!

We had an amazing 250 pics in the three strolls and all of you deserve a round of applause! applause Your entries provided the judges, entrants and dogster members with many tears, laughter, joy and love by opening your hearts and inspiring all of us. Whether you ended up in the winners circle or not, you are winners for finding your furever family. And we hope it encourages other to embark on a truly fulfilling experience in adoption!!!! A BIG shout out for the several entrants that are still waiting for furever homes. This is the first year that we had so many adoptable pups and we hope that continues in the future!!hug

If you were not selected this year, please do not be discouraged. We want you to continue to enter in future Adopt Stroll contests. Trust me that each of the judges had their favorites and the difficulty of going through each round was heart wrenching in creating the final list. So another year always brings another opportunity!

Thank you to the judges who worked so hard checking out each picture and beautiful story, and making the difficult decision of narrowing down the list and placing them in order for THREE rounds! That was not an easy task!

The judges were so overwhelmed with admiration from all your entries that they pooled their zealies together and will be distributing a STAR this week to every single entrant with a special ADOPT 2010 picture for you to enjoy! Thank you Judges!!!!

So a BIG round of applause to the judges who took part in the contest! A HUGE thank you to Sir Austin, Daisy Mae, Dickens (2nd Place Adopt 08 Winner), Georgie, Gracie Jane (3rd Place Adopt 06 Winner), Molly (Grand Prize Adopt 08 Winner), Peanut (Honorable Mention Adopt 09 Winner), River, Sam H (3rd Place Adopt 09 Winner), Shiloh, Spirit (2nd Place Adopt 09 Winner), The Fabulous Conway Sisters, Mrs. Trudy and ME! way to go

And without further delay, HERE ARE THE WINNERS OF THE ADOPT 2010 CONTEST! CONGRATS!!!
snoopydancingsnoopycheersnoopydancingsnoopycheersnoopydancingsnoopycheersnoopy

RAINBOW ANGEL WINNER: PONCH
Plus Subscription from Dogster (either new or renewal)
95 zealies donated by Dogster
100 zealies donated by Dickens
25 zealies donated by Ozzie
**NEW**25 zealies donated by Sam H
10 zealies donated by Hershey
$40.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Gibbon
$15.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Mrs. Trudy
$10.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Peanut
**NEW**$10.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Anonymous
$25.00 Petco or Petsmart gift certificate to a Rescue of Choice or Rainbow Angel’s sibling donated by Georgie
Gift certificate for one free session with Tracy Ann, Nature’s Translator and Animal Communicator (She is AMAZING!!! Feel free to ask me more details about this specific prize)
**NEW**$25.00 Gift Certificate to create a Memory Book donated by Willie (Winner will choose the photo website of choice)
**NEW**A pawtographed book of “Bad to the Bone: A Memoir of a Rebel Doggie Blogger” donated by its Author, Bo. 10% of all proceeds are donated to animal rescue! For more details, please visit BO’S BOOK MEMOIR WEBSITE!!!
A 11 x 17 custom portrait created by Tinker Belle from brettallen.com store
A gift certificate for a personalized heart magnet donated by Sara
Forever Star on dogster page donated by Mia
Forever Star on dogster page donated by Sir Austin

SASSY’S SENIOR WINNER: TRIXIE MAE MARSHMALLOW EARS
Plus Subscription from Dogster (either new or renewal)
105 zealies donated by Dogster
50 zealies donated by Dickens
50 zealies donated by Rudy Patudy
25 zealies donated by Ozzie
**NEW**15 zealies donated by Hansome Jack
Kuranda Bed to Rescue of Choice or equal value if Rescue is not listed on site donated by Spike
$25.00 donation in winner's name to Best Friends Animal Society donated by Chipper
$25.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Anonymous
$10.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Peanut
$50.00 Gift Basket donated by Snoop Dog Beagleys, LLC Dogster Group
$25.00 Petsmart Gift Card donated by Maggie
**NEW**$25.00 Gift Certificate to create a Memory Book donated by Willie (Winner will choose the photo website of choice)
**NEW**A pawtographed book of “Bad to the Bone: A Memoir of a Rebel Doggie Blogger” donated by its Author, Bo. 10% of all proceeds are donated to animal rescue! For more details, please visit BO’S BOOK MEMOIR WEBSITE!!!
**NEW** A dog toy donated by Rudy Patudy and Peter Parker
**NEW** A dog toy from West Paw Design donated by Mia and The Manchester Mutts
A gift certificate for a personalized heart magnet donated by Sara
Forever Star on dogster page donated by Mia

GRAND PRIZE WINNER: AMY
75 zealies donated by Dogster
250 zealies donated by Peaches
$100.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Willie
$25.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Gracie Jane
$100.00 Gift Basket donated by Snoop Dog Beagleys, LLC Dogster Group
A Terry Stanley dog portrait from the Dog Days of Painting donated by River
50 6-inch thin bully sticks donated by Best Bully Sticks which you can check out by linking through Morgan’s Blog who asked for the donation!
One Together Tag Rescue ID with Recovery Service donated by Dogster
$25.00 Gift Certificate to Lady, Angelica and Snickers’ store, Pampered Paw Gifts
**NEW**$25.00 Petsmart Gift Card donated by Willie
**NEW**A personalized pet throw donated by Seamus whose Mom has a great Etsy site called Girly Girl Bags!!! Her site will have pet throws soon!
**NEW**Plus Subscription (either new or renewal) donated by Eddie Essig
**NEW**A dog toy from West Paw Design donated by Mia and The Manchester Mutts
5 Rosettes and 2 Forever Stars donated by Shiloh from the Philippines

2ND PRIZE WINNER: RAVEN TIKI MYSTIQUE
150 zealies donated by The Manchester Mutts
**NEW**25 zealies donated by Rudy Patudy
$60.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Gibbon
$40.00 to a 501(c)(3) Rescue of Choice donated by Spirit
25 6-inch thin bully sticks donated by Best Bully Sticks which you can check out by linking through Morgan’s Blog who asked for the donation!
$25.00 Best Bully Sticks Gift Certificate donated by Bailey
**NEW**$25.00 Petsmart Gift Card donated by Willie
A $40.00 gift basket donated by Sisters 3
A Rescue t-shirt from Spirit
3 Rosettes and 1 Forever Star donated by Shiloh from the Philippines

3RD PRIZE WINNER: ALICE
100 zealies donated by Buddy
25 zealies donated by Cashew and Family
$75.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Anonymous
25 6-inch thin bully sticks donated by Best Bully Sticks which you can check out by linking through Morgan’s Blog who asked for the donation!
Daisy Mae’s snuggle sack donated by River
**NEW**Plus Subscription (either new or renewal) donated by Eddie Essig
$15.00 Gift Certificate to Petco or Petsmart donated by Scooter
1 Rosette and 1 Forever Yellow Star donated by Shiloh from the Philippines

HONORABLE MENTION WINNERS ARE (in alphabetical order):
DIXIE
FAITH BERGAMASCO
KIKI
LEVI PAWS
MISS DIXIE MONROE
EACH will receive…

50 zealies donated by Jasmine
$25.00 to a Rescue of Choice from Anonymous who will donate for two HMs and Dickens, Gracie Jane and Georgie for one HM
**NEW**$10.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Willie
$20.00 Petco or Petsmart Gift Card from Anonymous
A 11 x 17 custom portrait created by Tinker Belle from brettallen.com store
A dog toy from West Paw Design donated by Mia and The Manchester Mutts
A Dogster t-shirt donated by Dogster (choice of sizes will be limited to donations provided)
Forever Star on dogster page donated by Shiloh
A rosette donated by Georgie

For the allocation of prizes, I will be sending each winner a p-mail in the next day to let them know how each prize will be sent and request information. Some of the prizes will be sent by the donator and others will be sent by me! Since there are so many to deliver, we ask that you please be patient as we coordinate with the donators. If there are ANY issues, please p-mail me right away! For the donators that will be giving their prizes directly, they will be sending your prizes and/or contacting you within the next several days, if not sooner!!

We are so proud of the winners and for all the pups who entered the contest! You are ALL winners to us! We are already planning for the 2011 ADOPT CONTEST! WOOHOO!!!
snoopydancingsnoopycheersnoopydancingsnoopycheersnoopydancingsnoopycheersnoopy
[notify]
Shiloh

Opt to Adopt!!

Barked: Tue Jun 1, '10 4:15pm PST 
Congratulations to all the entrants.

We thank each and every one of you for supporting this contest and sharing your stories. They make for some emotional roller-coastering (not a word, I know)reading, but are beautiful stories of love, devotion and sacrifice.

Judging is difficult with so many worthy entries, but not as difficult as it is for you to open old wounds in order to share your experience. We appreciate it more than we can say.hughug

A special congratulations to Doogie Bowser who entered the contest as an adoptable pup and ended it in his forever home cheercheer
[notify]
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Tue Jun 1, '10 4:21pm PST 
cheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheer

kissingkissingkissing Big Smoochies and Big Hugshughughug to all that took the time to write and share their stories and tears...each and every pup is entirely precious....loved you all...hughughug

cheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheer
[notify]

Theodore aka- Teddy - **CGC**

Big Head. Big- Heart.

Barked: Tue Jun 1, '10 4:37pm PST 
cheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheer
[notify]
Ponch

~* Honorary- Dogster Angel- 1995-2010 *~

Barked: Tue Jun 1, '10 5:28pm PST 
Thank you so much to all involved in the contest and judging! It made my heart skip a little beat when I saw my big guy as the Rainbow Angel winner. We're truly touched to have him remembered and honored through this contest with so many other wonderful dogs!

Congratulations to all the other pups who won and entered - we're all winners to have such special furbabies to share our lives with.

And Doogie, I am so happy that cutie found his forever home! cheer I hope more of the adoptable babies find homes soon, too.

Thank you again, everyone. It means a lot to us!
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Tue Jun 1, '10 7:32pm PST 
We have read.. we have gone through boxes of tissues.... we have run through every emotion and back again

CONGRATULATIONS ALL !!!!

You are ALL winners.. ALL survivors...

Love and Hugs to ALL

I said this last year.. and will go on saying is LOUD and CLEAR till the world takes up the chant.

THEY CAN'T THROW US AWAY !!!!!!!!!!

and thats from a proud boy who knows.

Love from

Flicka Δ,,Δ Lucas /..| Cleo (I.M) Δ,,Δ & Pam
[notify]
Maddie ~- Feb. 2002- Jan. 2010

Forever in our- Hearts

Barked: Tue Jun 1, '10 9:03pm PST 
Congrats to all the winners and applicants! big grin

Such inspirational stories!
[notify]
Dickens

I may not be- smart, but darn- i'm cute!

Barked: Tue Jun 1, '10 10:07pm PST 
applause congratulations to everyone! the winners who placed, the entrants who found their forever homes & the rescue pups still awaiting theirs.... we are ALL winners!

the essays were amazingly wonderful this year & each and every one of you have touched our hearts! hug
[notify]
Doogie- Bowser- Adopted&hear- ts;

The Doog, a- friend for life.

Barked: Wed Jun 2, '10 12:56pm PST 
wave

partypartypartypartyparty

Congrats to all the wonderful doggies! cloud 9

Paws crossed for those still waiting for there furever homes. A big Paws Up for those that Have found their place!

Thank you for sharing the stories. Thank you to the judges as well!dog
[notify]
Roswell,- CGC, NPC

Fly free, Beau.- Cancer sucks :(

Barked: Wed Jun 2, '10 9:46pm PST 
happy danceapplause Congratulations winners!!! party party
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3