GO!

HELP!!! I FOUND A PUPPLY MILL

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  
Thai

I love the snow

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '07 5:51pm PST 
I could not go in i think i like contacting rescues in the area the ones that she breeds would be more willing to help i believe.... I feel kinda hope less because people have know for so many years and not done anything I will give it my all!!! but my major problem is that I have a big group of friends and her son is part of it and i went to his wedding but it makes me sick thinking that he has let this go on and even owns one of the dogs but going under cover and getting found out could make all my friends hate me eeven if they thought it was horrible for having a puppy mill I will have to educate them in it thats my only option we will be having a x-mas get together and I think I might hand out info about it and than fight under ground The one advantage that i might be able to have is "friends" and i could act like i want to buy one Well on monday i will contact all the people that i can and write letters wish me luck IFEEL SO VERY SAD ABOUT THE FACT THAT I HAD NO CLUE I THOUGHT THEY HAD LIKE 15 DOGS AND BREED EVERY FEW YEARS MY EYES WHERE TOTALLY SHUTcry
[notify]
Thai

I love the snow

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '07 5:52pm PST 
I could not go in i think i like contacting rescues in the area the ones that she breeds would be more willing to help i believe.... I feel kinda hope less because people have know for so many years and not done anything I will give it my all!!! but my major problem is that I have a big group of friends and her son is part of it and i went to his wedding but it makes me sick thinking that he has let this go on and even owns one of the dogs but going under cover and getting found out could make all my friends hate me eeven if they thought it was horrible for having a puppy mill I will have to educate them in it thats my only option we will be having a x-mas get together and I think I might hand out info about it and than fight under ground The one advantage that i might be able to have is "friends" and i could act like i want to buy one Well on monday i will contact all the people that i can and write letters wish me luck IFEEL SO VERY SAD ABOUT THE FACT THAT I HAD NO CLUE I THOUGHT THEY HAD LIKE 15 DOGS AND BREED EVERY FEW YEARS MY EYES WHERE TOTALLY SHUTcry
[notify]
Bpui

...the dog with- moxie.

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '07 9:33am PST 
What about your SPCA? Could they be of help?
[notify]

Thai

I love the snow

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '07 12:09pm PST 
yeah cheer i have help and ushp or what ever they called well i was at work and have sent me e-mails but have not had time to check given me phone numbers of people to contact
[notify]
Thai

I love the snow

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '07 1:41pm PST 
HSUS o ment
[notify]
Drucilla

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '07 8:37pm PST 
contact your states animal control, the police, etc, you should NOT try to handle this yourself for many reasons:
Things can and do get ugly.
wiether its mental illness or greed.. things can get out of hand quickly.
YOU do anything, and you and anyone who helps you can face charges... which wouldnt help anyone!
The dogs can have serious deseases, parasites.. its best to be handled by someone with the equipment and facilities to handle all the dogs at once.
there is also slander if they have been cleared
and a whole lot of other things...
be persistant.. contact your local animal control (or aspca) your city, your police and see if they have a list of groups and the like who handle this, they have investigators.. and it does take time, you have to have court orders to sieze the animals and all of that.
even investigating can get you in hot water, tresspass, photographs and other types of evidence you take can harm you.

I hope puppy mill people (and those who harm animals) go down, my mom has a rescued shi tzu from a puppy mill with LOADS of health issues, and my drucilla was badly abused and will die an early death from it. but please be careful for whatever you do in this situation..
[notify]

Barked: Fri Dec 16, '11 3:46pm PST 
Call Wade Hanson who is the state Senior Humane Investigator 763-489-1570. He will direct you on who to call. We have been working on this mill for over 2 yrs now. She has been to court as well. Benton County has no limit on dogs. Please also e-mail a very good friend of mine who is working on shutting this mill down. Her e-mail address is jankarpel@yahoo.com . Jan NEEDS info from you and anyone else who knows about this mill. Also, call me at 320-369-4663.
Thank you,
Kathy

Edited by author Fri Dec 16, '11 3:55pm PST

[notify]

Barked: Fri Dec 16, '11 3:47pm PST 
Also, there is NO animal control in this county. The cops out there do not give a crap. They are no help. We have already been through this.
[notify]
Bruno CGC

Honorary Kelpie

Barked: Fri Dec 16, '11 4:13pm PST 
This thread is four years old. Are you talking about the same place as the original poster? Would be better to start a new thread so it doesn't confuse people.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Dec 17, '11 12:42am PST 
Bruno,I agree,Wouldn't it be truly awful if they were talking about the same place and still nothing has been done?
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2