GO!

HELP!!! I FOUND A PUPPLY MILL

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Thai

I love the snow

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '07 5:50pm PST 
I found a puppy mill that is 5 miles from my home and do not know the steps i need to take!!! Well i feel bad because I read about it in the paper cry. It's very frustrating because I Know the son of the family he is a family friend and I had no clue because I have really never been out to the home I thought thses people owned like 15 dogs total but it's much worse than that she owns 165 adult dogs and has about 264 pups a yeareek I can not describe the pain i feel Anyways she is up for a review with the county in feb.. after I became aware of what was going on i called my mother and she told me that she has heard stories of these people doing some very puppymill standard things like c-section on their own, Broken bones the whole 9 yards most of us on here know the way it goes. it is disgusting and she is keeping a good front. I really need help on what stepsneed to be taken help with written letters to EA,

home and public addresses can be found here on the county's public website:

http://www.co.benton.mn.us/officials/countyboard.htm

pleasehelp i willadd more later just trying to get this out fast and do more studing up on this lasy here the link to the story as well

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071214/NEW S01/112130075/1009
[notify]
Gunner

I solemnly swear- that I am up to- no good

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '07 5:54pm PST 
Have you tried alerting your local animal control and the police? Thats what I would do first.
[notify]
Thai

I love the snow

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '07 6:41pm PST 
my husabnd talks with this local cop and the cop said it is really hard to nail these people they have them in old outside barns hard to see frown i did contact stoppuppymills.org
[notify]

Rocky

Got Food?

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '07 7:50pm PST 
So, I googled the name of the owner, and this is what I found.

"Top quality registered Miniature English Bulldog puppies and Stud service - Very bully; Lots of wrinkles! Colors are fawn, dark brindle, red, black, white. Excellent temperaments and Personality Plus! Started on housetraining; Current shots & wormed; Vet checked; Genetic health guarantee.

With eight generations of selective breeding we have achieved a downsize of this delightful breed to an adult weight of approximately 20 - 25lbs, eliminating many health problems found in the standard size, while retaining the fine purebred qualities of the larger dog. You must see these magnificent pups"

Price $1250 - 2400

And then I found her website. http://www.sweeterpets.com/

She sells 7 different breeds, and Bengal kittens as well. UGHH!!
[notify]
Kaydince

Please dont- judge me because- of my breed

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '07 10:32am PST 
Has anyone went over there and confronted them about it yet?
What i would do is get someone to go over there undercover acting like they are interested in a puppy and get evidence of whats going on. Pictures anything. Then call the cops or animal control. That way you have proof. Does your area have any laws on number of dogs you can have or licenses? I would check into that as well.
[notify]
Molly

PLAY RUN JUMP- PLAY RUN- JUMP.......

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '07 10:47am PST 
The police etc need proof - if you can take picture without endangering yourself do that. I wouldn't confront the people, it could be dangerous. Note any license plates you see at the site - give those to the police, maybe they can talk to those folks for info.
Gathering info is the best/only thing you can do - be careful
[notify]
Angel

Miss Tiny H iny

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '07 1:15pm PST 
Hey Thai.....it CAN be done...."undercover" with a videocamera...
if you're interested....give Mama a p-mail and she'll tell you
how.......she's "been there and done that"....in 1993. Still has
that tape to this day.....way to go
[notify]
Maddie

I Can Run for- Miles

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '07 4:16pm PST 
Oh My! Please try to do something, call a rescue group in your area and tell them. Get the word out to as many people as possible. Just call all of the rescues in your area, they will be willing to work with you and direct you on the right path.
[notify]
Merlin

Until there's- none.....

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '07 4:32pm PST 
Sadly, puppy mills are not illegal. Not complying with the laws governing conditions is, but as others have said, it is hard to prove. Add to that the fact that they do not have to let police on their property without a warrent, and it seems near impossible.

You can go undercover, as suggested, but be very, very careful. If they catch you snapping pictures or taking video, things could get ugly.

I wish you luck and will cross my fingers for you and say a prayer for the dogs.
[notify]
Angel

Miss Tiny H iny

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '07 5:29pm PST 
Hey Merlin....you're right.....if you don't know what you're doing....
things can always get ugly.....snapping pictures cannot be done
easily undetected......even with a phone camera.....however.....
going in with a camcorder undetected is quite feasible......it would
however be a two-person operation.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2