GO!

please save this baby presa canario!

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Gino

I smell a smelly- smell

Barked: Sat Mar 10, '07 11:23pm PST 
My boyfriend’s mother is crazy. This wouldn’t bother me so much if it weren’t for the fact that my boyfriends crazy mother insists of starving and abusing their dogs. This now includes a 6 week old male presa canario. Through no fault of my boyfriends one of the male dogs killed another one of their male dogs not 4 days ago; there is rarely enough food in the house for 1 dog despite the fact that they have 5 and because my boyfriend cannot constantly baby-sit the dogs they are often forced to stay in the bathroom or laundry room for hours at a time since both my boyfriends mother and his sister refuse to come home anytime before 9 at night to take care of them

Fortunately my boyfriend’s crazy mother has seen fit to give me the 6 week old puppy.

Unfortunately I already have 4 grown dogs and cannot keep him.

I can, however, foster him temporarily (unbeknownst to the mother of my boyfriend) as long as I have a forever home already lined up.

PLEASE help me! I have fallen in love with this puppy and it kills me to see him treated the way he is treated by this awful woman and my boyfriend has finally given up trying to provide a home for him that he just can’t provide for all 5 animals. He is so sweet and very calm. He is also in the beginning stages of house training and is more than okay with being an outside dog if need be.
[notify]
Dulce

Bullies Are- The Best!

Barked: Sun Mar 11, '07 12:03am PST 
Holy crapola! I am so sorry this is happening. It makes me SICK.

Is there a rescue near you that you could contact? Could you post on petfinder.org?

I do hope you get some help! I'd help if I weren't so far away.

Keep us posted. And do try and contact a rescue. I can help you find one if you need help.
[notify]
Marley

Take me to the- park, or I eat- the remote

Barked: Mon Mar 12, '07 11:38pm PST 
This may sound really cruel, but if they aren't feeding the dogs, could you not call animal control or the humane society?

The puppy is adorable, and I wish you the best of luck finding him a home...
[notify]

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 6:07pm PST 
what ever happened to that puppy, i am looking for a presa my last one was a presa they are great dogs
[notify]