GO!

Using your Service dog to train someone who is New:

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sat Aug 30, '14 7:16pm PST 
I am going to train my Daughter N law with Sadie; she was just awarded a persciption for a Psyc. service dog form her med. doctor.Because Of surcomstanses I have had to live with my son and his family. It is a unique situation I can say the least for this situation.I need Sadie I am just visiting so since Sadie is already trained for the job. I am stepping up and allowing her to work insted with Sadie since I can't work her out right now. I have at least will still have her around. She never is confused she works well with other people. She always has and a lot of people did not understand I used her as a multi tasked Service dog. It is best explained that Sadie does just about everything on her own and well and has been able to for a while. She has a lot of energy too and never tiers and a lot of people have noticed that.
My Daughter n law found Sadie comforting when she had to care for Sadie when I had to go some where with out her for a while.
It gave her a push to step up and tell her Med doctor and councelor how much she found Sadie a help to her. Because of sercomstances I have to live with them so it all works out, and I can show her how Sadie is worked. How to deal with ignorent
people. I have gotten a new vest for Sadie and badges with their names on them. She will be also be on paper as her dog where housing is conserned since it is a no pet complex. I know you all are going to say "BUT" sadie is not a pet but I am not supose to be there either. We talk about all the work she will need to know handling a Service dog. She is thinking a small dog might be a good idea too.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Tue Sep 2, '14 4:11pm PST 
We are still working on getting Sadie back in to the home so we can start working with her.
She will not be working too long with Sadie cause our main goal is to get her own service dog but the apt. is small so right now it is one dog. We are going to give sadie time to settle back in to
the home before working with her. Our first work is getting her back in to command mode then there is going to be working on the getting on the bus etc. wish us luck!
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Mon Sep 8, '14 8:13pm PST 
Still working on the getting Sadie back in to our home the housing company that runs this place are very slow and has yet to replace a front loading washer let a lone a mail box unit and then last but not least a form that allows her to have the dog in the apartment.
[notify]

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Fri Sep 19, '14 11:27am PST 
So here is another up date: My daughter N Law is doing well with learning about being a SD handler.
She is doing better then I ever did, but since I did not have someone to help me like she does it is not as surprising. She counts herself lucky that she is able to learn so much before and during her venture. I have told her and directed her toward DOGster here and other SD sites. So she does not have to take my word on everything. She is also trying to find the dog that is right for her and the breed right for her. I tell her that is the part I can't help her with, other then just like picking a pet dog it needs to pick her. I do tell her the things she has to look for to make a good SD.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Tue Dec 9, '14 4:02pm PST 
Things did not work well but at least sadie and I are still together and working with each other as a team.
[notify]