GO!

group outing with more than one service dog

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Lucky Buddha

playtime is- everytime!

Barked: Mon Apr 28, '14 11:53pm PST 
i was curious on this. i saw 2 service dogs meet up at the mall the other day and they seemed fine but i was curious, do you guys do that? does that make it hard to get into places as its more of a everyone has a dog kind of thing? i only mean that as in you dont get harassed as much kind of thing. i see a few people get harassed for having smaller dogs as service animals compared to the bigger ones. so if like 2 people go to like maybe a zoo or restaurant with 2 trained SDs does that make things more difficult?

curious person wanting to know ^^
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sun May 18, '14 7:53am PST 
I am moving up to Bangor area and I am going to try to meet up with service dog people to it is a good way to socailize. I have heard.
[notify]
Kovu

Barked: Sat Jun 14, '14 3:58pm PST 
I go out with a friend and her service dog often. It's not difficult, we just meet up and go out as if the service dogs weren't present except to mitigate our disabilities or train. When going out with them they're working and not allowed to socialize, so there's not really much a difference than going out with a friend without one. We've never been given any trouble.
[notify]

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sun Aug 3, '14 4:10pm PST 
That is cool
[notify]
Harley, SD,- CGC, TDI

Super Service- Boy!

Barked: Fri Aug 15, '14 3:31pm PST 
I love service dog meet ups. Ive done both dog mobs (where a group of service dog handlers go to a business that has denied access or otherwise broken the ADA), and meet ups for fun. I've never had an issue with access with either. Its been a while since Ive done one bc of my health, and the fact that teams are rare around here, so its a lot of work to get one going.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Mon Sep 15, '14 3:04pm PST 
I am trying to hook up with one in the Bangor area ......
[notify]