GO!

I want to cry. my service dog bit me!

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Aubree

young french- lady

Barked: Mon Apr 14, '14 12:01pm PST 
I have had her for over three yrs and she goes everywhere with me. She has never been vicious and always calm. She was in bed with me and our faces were close as always. I kissed her head and she growled and bit me on the nose. I am shocked. What does this mean? I want to cry because I have worked hard with her and this came out of nowhere!
[notify]
Bobby

Barked: Wed Apr 16, '14 12:13pm PST 
May have had a bad day. Bobby has bit me twice in his total carreer has a SD First one was has a rookie second one he was in pain
[notify]

Barked: Thu May 15, '14 10:28pm PST 
Oh.. thats bad. You take care of yourself. Get well soon.

Thank you
[notify]

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sun May 18, '14 7:24am PST 
Sadie has not persay ever bit me I think if she did I would would be in a bit of trouble since she is a bully breed dog. But she has displayed an intent of agression toward me while I was working with her. She dose not like being bullied herself. I was doing a dominate working style with her for her training. I do this with her every now and then so that she knows I am the boss and in case someone comes up on her. Since that has been most of any issue I have had with her.
For the most part sadie is good natured and would not bite or as I should say has not biten any one or thing. SHe has accidently while ruff play bitten a few people I have ruled out all ruff play with her now cause of it.
[notify]
Schatzi

Barked: Sun May 25, '14 11:59am PST 
If my SDit/SD (whatever at the time), bit me.... thats immediate retiring. Imo a dog that bites or nips is NOT SD material.
What if your dog did this in the public? Even worse with someone else? Such as a fly by petter?
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sun May 25, '14 1:48pm PST 
They do have a point I would either figure out why she did it or retier her butt...
[notify]