GO!

Since We're Leaving Soon

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

SIR AILBE,- Service Dog

Born To Serve- The Damsel In- Distress

Barked: Sun Feb 2, '14 12:10pm PST 
I have to let everyone know that Ailbe should be graduating from an ADI Candidate Program by this Summer. He's turned out to be one amazing service dog candidate. He can pick up and retrieve the drop items that I've taught him, balance work, bracing, etc.. and he's also extremely good with distractions while working. He turned out to be a big boy -- 66 lbs and 27 1/2 inches tall. I do all of the grooming and he looks so handsome in his retriever clip

We did have some bumps in the road and in the last two months he's did a 360 degree turnaround. He'll redo the CGC in the Spring. The first one was a fiasco and most of the students failed it.

The VA approved of him as a future Veteran Service Dog with all of the benefits. I have all of the paperwork that was 2 yrs before the Service Dog Act became finalized. Well, moved to VA and a couple months ago and they said NO.. I'm currently appealing it. Apparently they want an ADI service dog even thou there might be a break between the older one and a newer one. This is why they approved of Ailbe for I wouldn't have to go without a service dog..

Going to miss Dogster, but I'm on Facebook with other service dogs who owner train. Shadow turned 10 last week and is still working full time at home and part time in the field. He'll officially retire when Ailbe graduates.

Ellen and Ailbe

Edited by author Sun Feb 2, '14 12:13pm PST

[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sun May 25, '14 7:15am PST 
hope you are still coming here albie ....
[notify]