GO!

Finally had an encounter with a faker and he proved it himself

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Thu Aug 22, '13 7:59pm PST 
My husband had two appointments yesterday which required Tank to be on duty all day. His first appointment was his SSI hearing where Tank was AMAZINGLY well behaved and worked wonderfully. The second appointment was a medical appointment with his primary care doc at the VA. Again Tank was very good. While we were outside because they were so backed up we encountered an older man who was more deaf than a post. Anyway he had this little older dog with him. I know that by law she didnt have to have a vest or bandana on to show that she was a service dog, but she had no id at all on and was not walking at his daughter's side but instead was pulling on the leash. She was taken potty before they went in and then half an hour later was brought out again to potty. Again this little OLD dog was pulling on the leash and got no more than 10 feet from the doors and squatted to pee again. I know that small dogs have small bladders but even when my late mothers little rat/chi mix got up in years she still could hold her pee for more than ten feet. The old man and his wife came down a bit later and he made the comment to me that his little dog was always looking for a fight and she could whip Tank's tail really easy. I know that SD's are not allowed to show any signs of aggression to dogs or people and this little dog seemed really snarky at Tank who was chilling out at my feet. My hubby had brought him down to me because too many people kept trying to step on him and they were against the wall and Tank was laying against the wall out of the way but people were just trying to push my hubby or something I have no idea what was going on in their heads. Anyway Tank was doing a perfect down stay at my feet. He only looked up at this little OLD dog and laid his head back down like ok what are you, this little dog was growling as she passed Tank. That told me along with the "handlers" comments that she was no SD. Tank had his vest on which clearly marks him as a SDiT. I even asked the old man's wife what the dog did for her husband and she couldnt tell me. He said that she tells him when someone is around him and listens to him talk about his life and whatnot. I can tell you five tasks that Tank does for my husband just off the top of my head.
[notify]
SIR AILBE,- Service Dog

Born To Serve- The Damsel In- Distress

Barked: Thu Aug 22, '13 9:15pm PST 
You'll find more fakers at the VA Hospitals. One of them attacked Shadow three years ago (Tucson, AZ). I've heard from my Dental Assistant in Richmond tell me about this lady bringing in her dog to appts with a stroller and dressed in a tutu... I told her to ask the two questions and if she can't answer it correctly then PLEASE tell her to leave and only return without the dog. VA Staff don't know the laws and regulations concerning service dogs.

Plus most Veterans will say the ADA allows me to bring my dog here... Well, NO the ADA will not protect you or your service dog on Federal property...

http://search.gsa.gov/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&affiliate =gsa.gov&query=service+animal Click on the Section 504 and you'll see that the GSA - US General Services Administration is in charge -- All formal complaints go thru them...

Ellen and Ailbe
[notify]