GO!

New Mexico Owner-Trainer Groups

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

RidgeRunner

Seeley, CGC- (SDiT)

Barked: Wed Jul 17, '13 8:13am PST 
Hi All, Happy Wednesday!

Last week, people were talking about Laughing Eyes Kennels in NM. I had briefly looked at them and quickly dismissed them - now I'm glad I did, based on posts.

Here's a question:
Has anyone heard of "Assistance Dogs of the West" based in Santa Fe, NM?
What about "A Fresh Perspective Dog Training" based in Albuquerque, NM?

I'm looking at both to help me owner-train, and each website/training program seems to has pros and cons. I was just curious on anyone else's experiences. Thanks much!
[notify]
Charlie- Chaplin

A day without- laughter is a- day wasted

Barked: Wed Jul 17, '13 10:21am PST 
Before I respond I want to ask if this is 'Shanti'? I wouldn't want to be redundant, I have a vague suspicion you are -- though I could totally be wrong!!! =)
[notify]
RidgeRunner

Seeley, CGC- (SDiT)

Barked: Wed Jul 17, '13 11:13am PST 
Hi Charlie,

Nope, I'm someone else. I've been lurking around the forums for awhile, but just got a profile. smile But I am interested in your feedback nonetheless.

Thanks,

"Not Chanti"
[notify]

Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Thu Jul 18, '13 8:05pm PST 
I know Jazzy's mother is no longer on dogster but she would be the one to talk to about New Mexico dog trainers and groups. I know she is training with a fairly good trainer and I can try to get the name for you. Next time I catch her on facebook I can try to see if she wants to swap emails with you.
[notify]
RidgeRunner

Seeley, CGC- (SDiT)

Barked: Thu Jul 18, '13 8:34pm PST 
Thank you Happy! I'll be posting my current dilemma as soon as I get my thoughts in a logical order. By the way, can I PM you for PTSD training stuff? I've been watching the forums for months now, but have just this week started posting myself. You always give really good, clear ideas and insight and would love to bounce some things off of you, if you have any interest.

Also, if your contact has any interest in talking with me, send me a PM and I'd love to e-mail back and forth with her.

Does anyone else have any thoughts?

Thanks

Edited by author Thu Jul 18, '13 8:35pm PST

[notify]
Charlie- Chaplin

A day without- laughter is a- day wasted

Barked: Fri Jul 19, '13 12:43pm PST 
Been super busy, sorry. I'll be able to post some tomorrow. I spoke with Assistance Dogs of the West on the phone and got some general feelings about them so that will be what I comment on.

I didn't forget about you though!
[notify]
Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Sat Jul 20, '13 5:16pm PST 
You're welcome to pm me with information on training. Even if I don't know the answers to your questions I can always help you find the answers. I'm not at all afraid to admit there are some questions I don't know the answer but I usually do know where to start looking for answers.
[notify]