GO!

Renting an apartment and paperwork required

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Ryker

Gimme my- balllllll!!!!!!

Barked: Wed May 8, '13 9:48am PST 
wkjndqh2l`kq

Edited by author Mon Sep 23, '13 4:39pm PST

[notify]
Isaac

Barked: Wed May 8, '13 1:50pm PST 
I don't think you have to disclose what your disability is, but they can require a letter from your health care provider that states you have a disability and need a service dog to mitigate that disability. The Fair Housing Act doesn't say anything about them not being able to require that kind of documentation if it's obviously from looking at you that you are disabled.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Thu May 9, '13 6:04am PST 
I had to prove to my Landlord that my doctors wanted me to have the dog and got sighned paper work for that. That is about all I did.
[notify]

Cromm Crúaich CD

The Magic- Malinois

Barked: Thu May 16, '13 10:46pm PST 
Documentation from the program Aqwar was trained at isn't necessary. As Issac has already stated they can ask for documentation from your doctor stating you benefit from having a Service Dog.

All of the apartments I've lived in over the last five years required a doctors note though I suspect if I didn't have an invisible disability they wouldn't have all asked for it. Don't forget that a Service Dog isn't a pet technically so you don't need to pay a pet deposit or anything of the sort.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Fri May 17, '13 11:39am PST 
I agree with most of these people who talk about proof form Doc. that you need the dog.
That you benifit form it and the dog is used as medical equipment. I know that sounds cruel but it is not ment to be.
[notify]