GO!

Just wanted to say hello and introduce Lucius

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

El Lucius- von- Schraderhaus

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 6:44pm PST 
I posted months ago about how I was planning to get a service dog and wanted help with picking a breed. A couple months later I got Lucius from a breeder. She helped me pick the perfect pup for me. I had the trainer already picked out, but the trainer stopped training mobility dogs. So then the breeder helped me find another trainer, they take him for awhile and train him, then we work together and then I work with him. Which is good because this is my first service dog so I don't have any experience training, except for basic training. He's off at what they call "boot camp" right now.

Anyway I just wanted to say hello again, and I am excited to be back in the service dog community and this time with my very own pup.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 7:16pm PST 
Its nice to meet you Lucius I love black shepards well all dogs I had a shylo shepard she passed away a few years ago. I work with a American bull Mastiff is what I call her (she has: AST in her as well as the BM). She is really considered a American Bull dog. Well anyway nice to see you here.
[notify]
Clementine

SDiT

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 7:26pm PST 
welcome Lucius! I'm new here also. I'm about the same age & am being trained by my mom(w/trainer guidance) for mobility work. dog walk Do you know of any active SD groups? The forum is active, but I haven't found an active group. Why aren't SD groups active? shrug
[notify]

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 5:49am PST 
I'm sorry to hear about your shepherd, your mastiff is adorable, reminds me of my boxer a bit.

Clementine I'm not 100% sure what you mean by active SD groups? If you mean handler and dog, there are many, you just need to reach out in the forums.
[notify]
Iris vom- Zauberberg

Service Werewolf

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 6:30am PST 
Welcome!
[notify]
Clementine

SDiT

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 10:32am PST 
Lucius, Thanks for the response. I meant the dogster SD groups. There are ~20 SD groups on dogster, some with many members. I've looked at them all, & none seem active. I just wondered why?
[notify]
Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 1:02pm PST 
Welcome Lucius, and congrats. I Love Jean's dogs, I would have had one if I could have managed it. I'm glad to hear that you've managed to find a good trainer and that things are going well for you.

As for service dog groups I think more people use the groups on facebook, they're easier to moderate and so forth.

I look forward to watching you're progress as Lucius grows.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 8:53pm PST 
Thank you Happy. I'm completely happy I went with her, she and her dogs and amazing. I've seen you got your pup, hope all goes well with him.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 6:20pm PST 
I hope you are enjoying your time here on the SD forum Lucius.
I have been on here for quite a while now and I learn something every time I am here.
I hope that you will find enlightingment in what ever you are looking for.
Hope to see you more on here.
[notify]