GO!

Too much info patches

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 11:33am PST 
The patches recently really helped for a situation I had in a store. Karma alerted me to sit down ASAP and I was finding a bench (I didn't want to sit on the floor really) and I was about 2 steps too late and fainted right before the bench (all the while Karma is almost going crazy). When I woke I found a lady standing above me and asked if I was OK. As I told her I was and she told me that she was going to help me sit up and call someone until she saw my dogs patch that said "syncope" and told everyone that saw not to touch me and Ill wake in moment. That might not happen everyday to people but that patch came in handy that day! I was also told that Karma (SDiT) laid on top of me every time someone went by as to not touch me (same with the woman who made sure I was ok) and licked my face to wake me. Good dog! She will graduate soon smile So I can see how other medical alert or seizure dog patches would help.
[notify]
Rest in- Paradise- Voltaire.- 1/1

Did somebody say- deer??

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 1:10pm PST 
I have to have medical alert ot PTSD patches on my dog.
[notify]
Zoey

SDit

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 4:09pm PST 
I do love patches, right now i only have two, one that says 'IN TRAINING' (it takes up the hole side of the vest) and a small CGC patch. all my patches, vests, and packs have vlecrow on them so i can switch stuff around. i want to get a 'medical alert', 'Do not pet, I'm working' and 'service dog' patch. just about 85% of the time Zoey walks on my left, so i would put the 'medical alert' patch on the right side of her vest so a lot of people wont see it when we are walking, thous not giving a way my disabley, but its still there if i need it. i also like to add that i feel like i need more of a label because i have a small SD (in training)
[notify]

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 6:59pm PST 
I love my patches and I have both fun and offical patches on her stuff. I just feel they both work for me cause Sadie can not speak and The best patches are the ones that just say she is a SD. Though I feel they do not reveal anything serious. On her working vest she has just SD patches on her packs she has mobilty and medical patches. Since I have both those issues. I have a few other patches since I plan to get another pack for her. I have PTSD but I don't have patches for that I don't feel that is something I need to be allerted for. Mainly I will have a hearing one cause I do having issues and if people need to get my attention that would help them understand that I have a hearing disorder. My PTSD dose sometime have serious symtoms like I tend to phase out on people and get confused sometimes or even get disorentated. So I guess that patch could do me good too. I guess I feel patches do me good to have.
[notify]
Blondie

Love is eternal- hope.

Barked: Sat Apr 27, '13 1:07am PST 
EX in the most of EU countries, you need to have your dog visibly marked as an service animal, if you would like to take him at the public places. like, shops, traffic etc. Its usually done by harness patches, but it also could be done by collar. And than its up to you, if you will use a medical sign, training organisation logo, or variably patches.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sat Apr 27, '13 5:11pm PST 
I like patches and I just feel the patches help me not have to exsplane when I am in the stores.
I am going to put patches on her cart too I just feel I like to make it more open as well as it it is just nice having patches on her vest.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2