GO!

Introducing Brady

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Brady SD

Full steam- ahead.

Barked: Fri Apr 5, '13 12:06am PST 
Hello everyone!

My handler and I are new here, we have been browsing around for a while and wanted to join into this wonderful community. Like most it is nice to find people you can connect with, especially when sharing stories, hints and tips, or just good times (and even bad ones). Collie whines and woofs to all and a pleasure to meet you!

Brady is my SDiT in training for my mobility disability; he has shown tremendous strides in performing his duties for me and learning new skills. Like all iTs, he is still perfecting those manners but has made great progress. It’s as much a learning process for me as for him since we are both new to this, as I myself have to get used to being so restricted in my life now. I hope to share our adventures with everyone, make new friends, and share advice from time to time. Wishing everyone the best.
big grin

Edited by author Fri Apr 5, '13 10:55am PST

[notify]
Cheyenne- Starr

Car- ride...Yipee!

Barked: Fri Apr 5, '13 10:33am PST 
Hello! welcome
[notify]
Echo

Super Service- Dog!

Barked: Fri Apr 5, '13 8:33pm PST 
Welcome from NC!
[notify]

Sun

Barked: Sat Apr 6, '13 11:30am PST 
Have you just started training this dog at 7 years old? It's pretty uncommon for a service dog to begin a working career at an older age. Best of luck to you though. smile
[notify]
Brady SD

Full steam- ahead.

Barked: Sat Apr 6, '13 4:26pm PST 
He is older, been training already for 6 months now, but the youngest dog in my family is 3 and has no mobility SD potential, wrong size and attitude for it which is why he's an amazing pet.

Within the next year or so I'll be getting a Leonberger pup to train up while Brady finishes his work in the meanwhile. By the time the pup is old enough, Brady will be ready to retire. It'll be a shorter career than most SDs, but he is loving every second of it.

I appreciate the concern, it was one of mine initially, but knowing he'll have an apprentice soon enough eases my worries.

Thanks and nice to meet everyone so far.
[notify]
Charlie- Chaplin

A day without- laughter is a- day wasted

Barked: Sat Apr 6, '13 4:52pm PST 
Hi Brady! What a good looking dog, I love collies! I'm glad he's working out so well for you so far.
[notify]
Josephine

Yeah, I can do- that, but I- won't!

Barked: Sat Apr 6, '13 5:42pm PST 
welcome Brady welcome
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sat Apr 6, '13 5:50pm PST 
Don't have a SD myself, but I just wanted to say what a pretty dog Brady is! And welcome to Dogster puppy
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Mon Apr 8, '13 2:26pm PST 
Hi Brandy Nice to meet you Glad you are here....
Sadie and I are form Maine I love collies but I had to get a low matance dog.
And sadie is that to be sure. My first love for breed was and has been collies though.
Sadie is a really good breed too so it is not so much a compromize for me to get her she is really doing a good job with mobilitie like I need. I hope you are doing well with your work.
[notify]
Iris vom- Zauberberg

Service Werewolf

Barked: Mon Apr 8, '13 5:17pm PST 
Welcome!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2