GO!

Know anything about service dogs of America (great plains assistance dogs)?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Baby

What'd you say?- I wasn't- listening.

Barked: Fri Mar 22, '13 3:12pm PST 
Hi all,
Has anyone heard anything about or had any contact with service dogs for* America, great plains assistance dogs foundation?

I'm just trying to get more info on them and how good they are.

Edited by author Fri Mar 22, '13 3:16pm PST

[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Fri Mar 22, '13 7:09pm PST 
Their fake .... they are a waste of money. that is the sinces here what I have read.
[notify]
Baby

Barked: Fri Mar 22, '13 8:15pm PST 
This one (space in between dogs and for):

http://www.servicedogs foramerica.org/

Not to be confused with the thread Olli's mom had posted about.
[notify]

Loki

Anything you can- Chew I can Chew- better

Barked: Fri Mar 22, '13 9:31pm PST 
Unfortunately I don't know anything about their program or the dogs they train. Their website looks decent, and they're ADI program but beyond that I don't know anything about them.
[notify]
Baby

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 9:24am PST 
ADI means they're at least relatively reliable right?
[notify]
Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 4:11pm PST 
ADI means they have paid a large fee and passed whatever inspection process the ADI has. It is supposed to mean that they follow ADI training standards. As with everything in life, there are good ADI programs and there are bad ones.

Your best bet is to contact them and ask questions. If any throw up red flags to you, then find another program. Rinse, repeat.
[notify]
Baby

Barked: Tue Mar 26, '13 7:08pm PST 
Thanks =)
[notify]