GO!

used equipment?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Abigail- (Abby)

Social/Therapy- Dog

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 7:15pm PST 
What do you guys do with your used service dog equipment?

I have a few things I don't want anymore. But I don't want used ebay.com or craigslist, due to I believe these place are great use to "fake service dog" user to get real service dog equipment.

-Abby

Edited by author Tue Mar 5, '13 7:16pm PST

[notify]

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 7:20pm PST 
There's a Facebook group for this. SD Gear Trading Post
[notify]
Abigail- (Abby)

Social/Therapy- Dog

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 3:22pm PST 
The group won't let me in.. and now they blocked me. cry

-Abby
[notify]

Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 6:11pm PST 
My husband is using Katana's old gear for Tank because Tank looks really good in the blue. We have only had to fix one part of the vest and that was to put a new belly strap on it. I did however make Tank a set of back packs that look really good just need to adjust the belly bands. They are very roomy and although they are team realtree (those of you who have family or friends who are hunters will understand the meaning) they look really nice and are very roomy. Tank has had them on a couple times just to get the feel of wearing them. They are big enough that they can fit 4 notebooks in the main pockets. And they are very padded not just in the back but also the backs of the pockets where they come into contact with his body just dont have the patches that are big enough to be seen clearly
[notify]
Rest in- Paradise- Voltaire.- 1/1

Did somebody say- deer??

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 7:56am PST 
There are a few groups on FB out there. Not just one. If you're feeling especially generous there's a SD gear Freecycle that people with no income/or on SSDI frequent to try and find fee donated gear for their SD/SDiT. Here is the link to it:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/378421868900871/
[notify]
Abigail- (Abby)

Social/Therapy- Dog

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 8:22am PST 
Thank you, ill look in to it!

-Abby
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 1:27pm PST 
Abby mentioning them here is good too and I agree with the other for face book. I do get a lot of my stuff there on Ebay though and a new place I go to is listia you have to have enough credit to
bid for an Item. I go there to get a lot of stuff patches and a set of doggie googles. Sadie is a large dog and I am always looking for new equipment on my limited budget. I am also planning on working my hand at making a pack for her. What pray hap do you have that you want to get rid of ?
[notify]