GO!

Standard poodle breeders?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '13 2:58pm PST 
Hi everyone.

I am looking for a standard poodle pup to train as a service dog. My current dog is retiring. If you have any recommendations that would be great.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 4:54pm PST 
No one is willing to share?
[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 7:58pm PST 
What region of the country are you in?
[notify]

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 12:34pm PST 
I am in California but traveling is not a problem. So any where would be fine.
[notify]
SIR AILBE,- Service Dog

Born To Serve- The Damsel In- Distress

Barked: Fri Mar 1, '13 6:50pm PST 
There is a Standard Poodle breeder in CA that does service dogs. Check w/ Ollie's mom.. I have a Standard Poodle from AZ being trained as my next service dog. Check out Harmony Mountain Pudels because I'm like the 3rd poodle owner that's using one of their pups for service dog work..

Ailbe
[notify]

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 2:27pm PST 
How long did you wait before hearing back from Harmony Mountain? I really like all the health testing they do and how they raise the pups.
[notify]
SIR AILBE,- Service Dog

Born To Serve- The Damsel In- Distress

Barked: Sat Mar 9, '13 5:57pm PST 
I had to wait over a year for one of the their pups.. I could only have a cream male. The other ones that went out as Service Dogs were also male and cream color. The cost is about $1500 or so for one of their pups.

That's one reason I went with them was because of their testing. Their dogs are sound and are used as hunting pudels. They've had several litters lately and most of them are already spoken for. If you get approved for one you have to put a deposit down to hold the pup. I was lucky to get to pick out mine. There were 2 male creams in the litter. When I saw them at 4 wks of age I took the larger of the two. His temperment test would be done before I picked him up. Ailbe has turned out to be a large pup -- At 17 months he's almost 69 lbs.

The only suggestion is to write to them asking about their pups and that you would like one to train as a service dog. I was lucky that they said yes, but you never know if they will allow another one to go out as a future service dog.

Ailbe
[notify]
Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Mon Mar 11, '13 2:44am PST 
Pretty sure that Ollie is from La Marka in California; several others from his line are SDs as well.
[notify]