GO!

Light Weight Mobility Harness

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Mali

Mali Woo

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 2:55pm PST 
I had the page up to order Mali a new harness and my computer crashed. Now I can’t find the page again and with my terrible memory I can’t remember the name of the company.

It was leather but not Bold Lead, no way can I afford that one unless I win the lottery.

I some of you would be so kind as to add a few links with Light Weight Mobility Harnesses, I am sure I will find it again… ~Rolls Eyes~ …This is so frustrating!
[notify]
Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 8:04pm PST 
Have you tried a Chip-in for a Bold Lead harness... it really is the best mobility harness on the market.

Beyond that one, activedogs sells several harness's for light mobility, the light mobility ones are better than the heavy mobility harness which really puts pressure in the wrong places and tends to cut into the dog.

Bridgeport sells two different types of mobility harness's that I remember. They are heavy and I'm not a fan of the straps but it is cheaper.

and Last that I know of Circle Y sells a mobility harness that is custom but none of the reviews I've ever seen on it make it much to recommend.

I've seen a lot of people have a lot of success fundraising for part or all of the cost of a bold lead design harness, Katrina will also take payments as well as help you brainstorm ideas on affording a harness.
[notify]
Maverick- SD

Sweet Goober

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 2:46pm PST 
Though the price is right for the bridgeport harness, I don't reccommend it. I have one on Maverick and I'm currently saving for a bold lead harness. It's too heavy and Maverick dislikes wearing it. I try not to use it anymore than I have to, opting instead for my walker some days until I can get a new harness.
[notify]

Mali

Mali Woo

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '12 8:43am PST 
I bit the bullet and in about 2 weeks Mali's bold lead basic assistance harness will be here. I could not aford the other one and will make due with this one. This one is my gift to myself for the next 3 years.
[notify]
Luna

Future Service- Dog

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '12 1:02pm PST 
Good for you! I hope it works out well for you.
[notify]