GO!

Getting Validation From Family Members

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '12 8:15am PST 
Sadie: My family wash out lives at home until he dies at hopefully an old age. The other I returned to the breeder who is now using her as a therapy dog on the basis of the skills I taught her.
[notify]
Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Wed Oct 10, '12 6:20pm PST 
My husband's current SDiT is a German Shepherd Labrador mix named Abrams Tank who we call Tank for short. Tank is nine months old and he is trying very hard to fill some mighty big paw prints. His predecessor was a doberman pincher named Katana who was a wonderful boy. Katana stood 27 inches at the shoulder and was one laid back loveable bundle of fun and energy. He passed on a month and a half ago suddenly and left Tank to take care of "daddy". Tank has more the Lab features than he does the GSD but he is very handsome and very smart. You might look into that cross breed and see if you find a pup with the temperament that Tank has had since birth.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 11:33am PST 
That is so good to hear. I guess I have heard a lot of horra stories in the past.
I work hard with Sadie but I few time I was a fraid that I might have to wash her out. She is 4 now and has really grown a lot in many ways I am so glad I did not wash her out. Sometime I think people are to quick t wash out their dogs. I felt that I had to give Sadie a serious chance at this SD stuff no matter what and we both came through it with flying colors. I don't have much of a support system but I did it and was glad I kept on my path I had started. I know sometime to no fault of the dog or handler that a dog needs to be washed out I am just glad I did not have to do that to Sadie.She is 4 now and has gotten so much better and even has gotten to a level that is all that much more then I had expected. She has gone beyond my own training and taught herself more then I thought she could do. I cant believe that she is doing so much and has learned so much so fast too. Though I don't think she can call a lot of what she does for me a reg. task that SDs do for their owner. My friends and family have seen a lot of differents in her too. I dont feel the need to to get a validation of her form anyone really.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2