GO!

What happens if you get arrested?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Wed Nov 6, '13 6:48am PST 
I am sorry that happen not sure what to tell you since I am in Maine.....
[notify]

Barked: Thu Jul 10, '14 2:47am PST 
Folks, Several years ago, I read a case, Florida, I believe that indicated a Judge was the only person who could order the removal of a service dog from the owner.

Does anyone know this case?
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sun Aug 3, '14 2:38pm PST 
Guess I am not sure what artical that was from and since I am from that state it would not apply to me. I Embarrisingly will vagely tell you I was arrested just reccently. I was able to take my dog to a safe place after the police let me go. (I will say my dog was threaten in this arrest situation,but was not harmed) She was though taughted by an officer on the sight but wile in cuffs I asked the in charge officer to ask the one doing it to stop it. I would not have been able to take her with me cause of the situation,but my family did take care of her. It is scarier to have my dog threaten to be shot since I had already read about such events happening. I yelled to them she warning them she was a service dog and the apt. also had a sign stating the dog was a SD on the door before they entered. I just wanted to make you all awear that the jail house people still do not accomidate SDs. They bearly still don't know how to care for special needs inmates. I have diabeties and was housed in one county and cause they could not care for me transfured me to another county that could take care of me. I was in a minum security place but I still would not have taken sadie there.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2