GO!

need a service dog vest pattern

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Newt

"the bigger the- better" Newt

Barked: Thu May 15, '08 8:05pm PST 
hi,
i am looking for a pattern for a service dog vest/cape. any help is appreciated.

sue
[notify]
Brody

The best things- come in little- packages

Barked: Fri May 16, '08 7:19pm PST 
I don't know if there is a difference between a service dog vest and a regular dog vest, but there is a pattern at this site:

pattern

Sorry if that's not what you are looking for!
[notify]
Newt

"the bigger the- better" Newt

Barked: Sat May 17, '08 6:24am PST 
thank you very much for the link to the pattern. i will play with it and see what i can do.
i appreciate it,
sue
[notify]

Kodi Pie - CGC ESA

Why sit when you- could lie down?

Barked: Sun May 25, '08 10:03am PST 
I have used this pattrern before to make Kodi's halloween costume.

It does cover the whole back to it is different (and much hotter) than that standard vest most service dogs use. You cant see the end of the vest as the kilt covers in up but it ends about 2-3 inches past the belt in the picture.

It would vary based on the length of your dog but I would guess that it goes about 3/4 of the way down the back of almost any dog. You could always crop the pattern after the belly strap if you so choose.

Kodi's halloween costume
[notify]
Padmé- (SD)- Retired.

Learn ,Live and- Love

Barked: Wed May 28, '08 8:32pm PST 
I found Padme's on ebay and she is very small. hope you get what you need
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jan 26, '09 12:20pm PST 
were can you find a service dog pattern online so you can make your own please leave website.dog
[notify]