GO!

Service Animal Registry of America (SARA)

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '07 10:29am PST 
Registries are just a big scam, just get or make your own IDs. We've been very happy with the tags we bought at www.doggydmv.com. They are made of the same material as security badges, has Gabby's picture on the front and the ADA guide on the back with the DOJ 1-800 number. They sell them in sets, 1 for Gabby and one for my wallet. I don't remember the exact price but I thought it was very reasonable.
snoopy
[notify]

Barked: Sat Nov 24, '12 6:17pm PST 
FAKE!!! SCAM!!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! UNLIKE ME!!! TOOK ME FOR MY MONEY AND ADDED STRESS! DON'T USE SERVICE ANIMAL REGISTRY OF AMERICA (SARA) THEY ARE NOT REAL. I EMAILED, CALLED AND EMAILED WITH NO REPLY TO THE MONEY I SENT THEM. I FILED A BBB COMPLAINT BUT THEY ARE SO FAKE THEY DIDN'T REPLY! DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE
[notify]
SIR AILBE,- Service Dog

Born To Serve- The Damsel In- Distress

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 6:31am PST 
You also have to be careful with the Dept of Veterans Affairs. They're only allowing ADI (Assistance Dogs International) teams.. You have to go thru your doctors at the VA to qualify for a service dog -- guide, hearing, mobility so far are the only service dogs allowed for veterans.

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2012/09/05/201 2-21784/service-dogs

My current service dog, Shadow, is a Service Dog allowed under the new provisions and all of his medical needs and harness are covered. They're allowing my new service pup in training as his replacement and we'll be working w/ an ADI program to finish. his training.

Shadow Walker and Ailbe
[notify]

Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 7:33am PST 
This post is also 5 years old... but the same holds true..

Any online registry is a scam... plain and simple.
[notify]
Kaylee

Wag more, bark- less!

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '12 9:53am PST 
Yup - but if you've got a trainer who's comfortable giving a pbulic access test, an affadavit and certification from them is not an unreasonable request. I do this for the teams I work with, if they want it.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 11:39am PST 
Kaylee, certification from ANYONE is unreasonable. It's bogus, no such thing as certification of a SD in the US. Not even programs "certify" dogs. shrug
[notify]
Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 1:11pm PST 
Actually ADI recognized programs Do certify their teams, but that's a different argument all together. Some even have programs to certify Owner trained teams. But that's not sight unseen, and definetly not a 'registry' program.
[notify]
Harley, SD,- CGC, TDI

Super Service- Boy!

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 5:02pm PST 
Guest, there is no such thing as government recognized certification. Not the same thing as no certification, period.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 11:51am PST 
Certification is certification, and NO certification is required, period. That's the point. No argument, it's fact.
[notify]
Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '12 12:57pm PST 
Actually that's not completely true... again. If you plan to travel Certification is not only useful it Is required in some countries. Again.. .different argument, but if you're going to throw a fit about it you out to have your facts straight.

US no we don't require certification, but other countries do.

Online registries are useless and harmful to other teams but certifications from programs affiliated with ADI are useful. And technically most guide schools have teams that are considered certified.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3