GO!

Inconsiderate person sneaking dog on train!

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Woody

Licky Licky- Licky

Barked: Mon Apr 10, '06 8:48am PST 
What a sad thing that people are really that dumb. I love reading your posts because you always seem to find "the best of 'em" when you 're out and about. If they only knew what sort of example they portray here on Dogster...
[notify]
Sabrina- 2000~2012

To break- injustice we- must break- silence

Barked: Mon Apr 10, '06 1:50pm PST 
Thanks Taffie, I was proud of Sabrina for being able to focus on me! It was definately hard!

Dodger, I can't believe they thought it was funny to pull your tail! That's so mean! You should have farted on them or something!

Woody, I'm often worried when I post things on dogster about the poorly behaved dogs I meet out and about that one of them will be on dogster! I would be so embarrased if that happened... but then again, it might be just the kick in the pants the owners needed to actually watch out for their dogs!

Thanks everyone, again, for listening to me rant!
[notify]
Lily CGC- 2001-2014

Enjoying- Retirement

Barked: Mon Apr 10, '06 5:54pm PST 
SDs are still dogs and it is best to avoid other dogs when possible as it is distracting for any dog. Mine sees a dog close and wants to go over and say hi. How dare that lady treat her poor dog that way. You should have said something to her about her dog's whining upsetting yours.
[notify]

Dodger Doodlenski

Are we gonna- learn something- new yet?

Barked: Mon Apr 10, '06 6:12pm PST 
BOL!!!!!!I probably would have done something if my mom had not reacted so quick. She was talking really loud and there was a mall security guard coming and he started following the two ladies. Not sure if he stopped them or not. I just wanted to go on the escalators so bad I didn't want to wait and see. Gotta LOVE escalators!!!!!!!!!!
[notify]
Lily CGC- 2001-2014

Enjoying- Retirement

Barked: Mon Apr 10, '06 6:27pm PST 
Dodger, I would have given Lily her non-verbal signal to bark. But then of course lily has no tail to pull unless they want to give her a you know what type of exam BOL.

I might be allowed to train our new great dane to be a SD. I'd like to see someone try messing with a dog who might be larger than 37" at the shoulders (his daddy was that big). They are big babies that look very intimidating because of their size. Hmmm we won't have a dog, we'll have a small horse!! BOL! Lily is 5 so it would be nice to at least have a trainee to teach even if I were to get another dog to train that would be mine only before Lily retired. The dane is supposed to be the family dog but it might help that if I don't end up using him after doing some training that my mom is partially deaf due to a progressive genetic disease. He still might have a job if I didn't need him. I would like to have another dog in training before Lily has to retire.
[notify]
Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Mon Apr 10, '06 10:46pm PST 
I once took my family's small (15 lbs) dog on the bus in a plastic clear storage container type thing... (I was probably about 13? at the time) Like one of those plastic containers with the lid that folds down, I had cut the lid all up for air holes. I had to get her to the vet and I had no other way to get her there and we had no crates... It worked for its purpose...
[notify]
Sabrina- 2000~2012

To break- injustice we- must break- silence

Barked: Wed Apr 12, '06 3:11pm PST 
You see, Pooch, I could understand someone putting their dog in a not-real carrier for an emergency like that... But the carrier you used seems like it would have been a pretty adequate one! I mean, plastic and all means you are probably not going to be able to break out. The lady on the train had her dog in a mesh basket-- we have one of those at home and let me tell you it gets holes super extra easily! I'm surprised the dogs nails weren't making holes in the bottom of the basket! And in addition, I doubt you would have put your dog right in front of a working dog if there were other seats available. At least, you strike me as the kind of person who wouldn't try to bother a dog while they're working!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2