GO!

the dog whisperer

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 26)  
1  2  3  
Piper

Barked: Thu Apr 6, '06 7:02pm PST 
Oh my gosh, I love Daddy. We all watch the Dog Whisperer and even though it gives my Mom some helpful info, I just watch hoping to get a glimpse of Daddy, what a stud!!!
[notify]
Sugar- (Passed- 8-8-13)

~I'm a brat,- yup~

Barked: Thu Apr 6, '06 8:18pm PST 
He's a really nice person. I'm interested in adopting one of his dogs named Popeye. He's 2 miles from me so, I'll check into it. Have you guys been on his site? He'll be on-line chat, with the "Geographic Channel" site, the 7th. Look into it, sounds like fun.
[notify]
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Barked: Thu Apr 6, '06 9:17pm PST 
My mom took me to see Cesar last February. I hate to say, but I'm dog aggressive--but not to basenjis. My mom actually took me into Cesar's pack and was able to walk me thru 50 dogs. I reacted a few times, but then I stopped.

We watch Dog Whisper all the time and mom still looks for tips on how to handle me. This year's shows are really demonstrating the way he uses his hand as a strong nudge to "snap" us dogs out of that escalated state of mind. Heck, we dogs take more hard play from our doggie pals and it's nothing compared to the nudge he gives, but it's the state of mind that he's able to transfer--calm but assertive.

I still need more work, but my mom still has faith that I will once again be able to meet and greet other dogs without causing a scene.
[notify]

bubbles

bella is the- original dogster- diva!

Barked: Fri Apr 7, '06 7:02pm PST 
my mommy and daddy are going to his seminar in staten island in september and GUESS WHAT?!!!!! i get to go. i am gonna stay in a hotel and everything. mommy says i can go cause i am a good boy. thanks to the dog whisperers help. mommy has never seen cesar hit or kick a dog on the show. he will nudge them to take the attention off of what is agitating the dog at the moment but he has never hit a dog. at the end of each one of his shows that involves the so called "dangerous breeds" he also reminds his viewers that it is not the dog that is bad it is the person.
[notify]
Ellie - Princess Eleanor Kelly

If I can reach- it, I'll kiss- it!

Barked: Mon Apr 10, '06 2:51pm PST 
My Mom saw that episode too, which prompted her to get online, do some research, and find and bring me home for the same purpose. I am so happy to have a job that makes my Mom feel better!

Edited by author Wed Apr 12, '06 2:31pm PST

[notify]
Newman

If my snoring- bothers you wear- earplugs

Barked: Wed Apr 12, '06 2:06pm PST 
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dog whisperer!! I just got his book today and it is fabulous. I am already implementing some of the techniques. His show is great and it's incredible what he does. Daddy is actually in the book, there is great information himsmile
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 26)  
1  2  3