GO!

Can Small breeds be Therapy dogs?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Mr. - Cinnamon Bun

Little Dogs- Think Big

Barked: Fri Mar 24, '06 10:17am PST 
Opps - here's the link (sorry about that!)

http://www.mightymitedoggear.com/forum/index.php?showtopic =1638
[notify]
Kippy

Kippy, the Deer- Slayer!

Barked: Wed Mar 29, '06 8:08am PST 
There are less demanding "Therapy Dog" situations. I was 7 when Mom saw an advertisement for Charles County Pets-on-Wheels. I have to have an annual medical clearance from my Vet. I am screened each year (tested for loud noises and moving wheel chairs) to make sure I am still serene enough. Mom and I visit the local Veteran's Home. Sometimes we visit other nursing homes and each month Pets-on-Wheels has a "Pet Parade" at certain nursing homes. We get all dressed up for a theme (Patriotic, Valentine's Day, etc) and parade through the halls and visit patients. We visit patients whenever Mom has time. When she retires later this year, she says we can go more often and maybe even go to the local "Boys Home." She did not have the time to put me through the training of the more demanding Therapy Program. This volunteer program works for us!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2