GO!

Service Dog Liability Insurance?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Jaydens- Rowena,- SD-c, PAT,- CGC

It's all about- the frisbee!!

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '06 8:46am PST 
No, this trainer is not saying I must buy liability insurance from him, he is saying I should buy liability insurance -PERIOD before I take her out in public. I have never heard of this and think that maybe this applies to people like him who actually certify his dogs. At this point, I consider the insurance thing inconclusive.
[notify]
Wyatt

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 12:53am PST 
The non-profit I work with is looking to become an ADI affiliate and saw that they require the organization to provide the teams with liability insurance. I too had never heard of liability insurance for assistance dogs. It definately is something we are researching. Doesn't make any sense once the team is formed. It would be something that their homeowners insurance would cover or an umbrella of some sort.
[notify]
Isaac

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 7:52am PST 
Home owners insurance ofter covers it, but you should check with your policy to make sure. It is a good idea to have it and many programs that train and place service dogs recommend it. No, it's not required by law. However, if something happened and your dog bit someone, would you have thousands of dollars to pay if they won a settlement against you?
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2