GO!

What color vest to get...

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Lily CGC

Enjoying- Retirement

Barked: Sat Dec 31, '05 2:37pm PST 
I'm about to order a new (padded) vest from active dogs but there are so many color choices. I was thinking just going with red. What do you think? Her current vest is blue but a change would be nice. I'm very indecisive BOL. Here is the link so you can see all the colors: http://activedogs.com/Images/Products/Large/707551.jpg
[notify]
Sabrina- 2000~2012

To break- injustice we- must break- silence

Barked: Sat Dec 31, '05 2:40pm PST 
Sabrina's color is purple, so all her SD stuff is purple. Does Lily have a color collar or whatever that she usually wears? I wouldn't get orange, as it is generally used for hearing alert dogs. I would also avoid pink, even though it, too, is one of Sabrina's colors, because it doesn't look very professional. Other than that, just choose whatever color you want to be looking at every day!
[notify]
Dodger Doodlenski

Are we gonna- learn something- new yet?

Barked: Sat Dec 31, '05 2:42pm PST 
I went with the Orange Vest. It stands out really good at night time. Makes it a little easier for her to be spotted in the dark.
[notify]

Lily CGC

Enjoying- Retirement

Barked: Sat Dec 31, '05 2:52pm PST 
She is currently wear "The Black Dog" collar which is dark red with reflective bones and black labs. A friend who just happened to have been given it passed it onto us since she didn't need a new one. I'd never spend that much on a collar ($18). I do like it because it has 2 D-rings on it. One I put her tags one and the other I attach her leash to. I will never get the matching leash though because that goes for the outragious price of $33. It does tighten up about 2in when she pulls but I have it loose enough so it doesn't have any choking effect. http://www.theblackdog.com/shopping/product_detail.cfm?PID=504&CATID =8&SUBCATID=
[notify]
Sabrina- 2000~2012

Barked: Sun Jan 1, '06 7:41am PST 
Then as long as you plan on keeping the same collar, I would go for the red one! I love matching vests to collars.

We change Sabrina's collar every week after each bath.... she has about 15 or 20 of them! Most of them have purple or pink in them, but she's currently wearing a plain green one because we couldn't find a fun xmas one.
[notify]
Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Sun Jan 1, '06 12:49pm PST 
Lily I think you would look good in red, or green if they have it...

I wear leather collars so I wouldn't have a vest that matched them, BOL... Personally I just find colors that look pretty on me. My mom likes red but since I have red fur, if I wear red it tends to make my fur look brown so I usually stay away from red unless it's a dark red...

Sabrina when you switch collars do you have tags on the different collars? My mom has a bunch of collars for me but I hardly ever get to use them because it's too hard to move my tags!
[notify]
Sabrina- 2000~2012

Barked: Sun Jan 1, '06 12:59pm PST 
Ginger, we got a keychain that has a clip on it. We put the tags on the keyring and use the clip to attach to the D-ring on her collar. This way it's just a two second switcheroo between collars. We also have a Quiet Spot on the tags so they don't make noise, don't tarnish and it looks cleaner in my opinion.
[notify]
Lily CGC

Enjoying- Retirement

Barked: Sun Jan 1, '06 2:09pm PST 
We use a quiet spot too. The one we have is blue to match her summer collar so we need to get a new red one. Right now we are going to stick with the collar we have. It is too much of a pain to remove the tags as the rings are thick. Plus it really is a nice collar and it better for that price. As I said I like the fact that it has 2 d-rings. She also is usually wearing a harness which is blue, black, and pink. It is a great handle to grab onto when she decides she wants to go chase the birds in the yard instead of getting in the car.
[notify]
Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Sun Jan 1, '06 6:30pm PST 
Oh ok!
I used to have a Quiet Spot but then it fell apart! I was really disappointed... The strap that holds the thing onto the collar is what broke, so it was no longer useable... Plus the velco kept collecting fur and it looked pretty gross party
I ended up getting a Taggles tag bag instead and I like it MUCH better! It works great and there are no straps to break, plus it comes with a coupon for 1/2 off a second Taggles so my mom was able to get on for my brother Pooch too...

I just found something cool that I'm going to try so I can move my tags around, it's called a Tag-It Mini Collar and it's like a tiny little collar that snaps around the real collar, with an o-ring for the tags. I'm gonna try it and see how well it holds up...
[notify]
SHADOW,- Certified- Service Dog

BORN TO SERVE

Barked: Sun Jan 1, '06 9:44pm PST 
Shadow wears a red vest w/ Please Don't Pet Me - I'm Working Patch, also he has his CGC patch and a patch showing that I'm a Life Member with the Disabled American Veterans. He wears a blue collar w/ muti color Celtic loops on it (found it in Petsmart). His Gentle Leader is also read. He carries on his collar only his County Rabbies tag. His name tag is on my key chain. In his vest pocket he has a SD info card, Vet Insurance Tag, and his microchip tag. This way no one can peak to see what his name is.. I bought one of those K9 tags and I love it. It stays on my keychain since the school told me not to have it on his collar... When he gets his harness I won't be using his vest anymore. I won't get rid of it because it has Luis Gonzales (Diamondback Base Player) signature on it. The Vet said to only give Shadow a bath every other week because it can dry their skin out. He gets daily brushing also. Sometimes he'll get a bath in between his cleaning routine when he goes outside and rolls in the grass, leaves and dirt.

I plan on doing velcro strips on his harness pouch for all his patches. I have to leave room for 2 patches when he finishes school.. Certified and the school patch... Another year and we should be done
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3