Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sat Mar 22, '14 6:19pm PST 
bump
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sat Mar 22, '14 6:49pm PST 
Just a reflection on our seniors. Sophie has been a problem child from day one. But walking her yesterday...I realize how much we've been through together...and the negative things, I can overlook them somehow.
I guess that's how it is. Horror was finding out she could kill a kitten, attack a puppy...now I have to keep her safe from herself. But she's still my girl and always will be. Walking with her yesterday...I could forget all the bad...little angel
[notify]
Mya CGC TDI

I'm your new- best friend! Pet- me!

Barked: Sun Mar 23, '14 10:25pm PST 
Mya's been going white on the face for years now. She looks to part of an old lab now - white around her eyes and cataracts, too frown she's been that way since she was 4 or 5 though... she's going on 7.
Old dog comments still kinda hurt though. Mya doesn't *act* old at all typically, other than having wonderful manners wink but people see her and think she's ancient. One time that hurt the most was 2 years ago (so when she was 5). We'd just run at an agility trial - our 1st AKC. New place for Mya, and it snowed on us and was ridiculously cold, and this was our 3rd run of the day. Mya ran well but not quite fast enough because she was so tired and sick of this particular show at that moment, lol. I was still proud of how she had done her first trial (4Qs out of 5 events that weekend, and this was our last run and an NQ). A stranger commented as we were leaving how she was such an old dog to be going so slowly - I replied with she was 5 and they said "oh, so she's over her prime."
Umm, nope... sorry, she gets better and faster at agility every year. Just today she was running some of her fastest and best courses yet and it's been half a year since she almost died from an Addisonian Crisis. I'm just happy she can *walk* again much less run agility with the best of them! Even in agility, I think the older the dog, the better they are, to an extent of course.
It hurts to see them get old frown but at the same time it's such a special realization that you and the dog grew older together...
[notify]

Peter Parker

Peace, Love &- Dachshunds

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '14 8:11pm PST 
Opheliahughug

Mayahugindeed it is a special realizationhug peter has been with me through so many life changing events,hug its hard knowing our time is limited..
[notify]
Trinity

I'm a shelter- dog!

Barked: Fri Mar 28, '14 6:37pm PST 
bump
Peter Parker

Peace, Love &- Dachshunds

Barked: Sun Apr 6, '14 9:58am PST 
bump
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 26)  
1  2  3