GO!

First real scare

Share advice for keeping your aging dog happy and healthy

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Harley, SD,- CGC, TDI

Super Service- Boy!

Barked: Wed Feb 12, '14 1:19pm PST 
Thank y'all for bumping for Harley. I have to say that my boy is doing much better. He was altered on Dec 20 and finished 6 weeks of antibiotics on Dec 26. His 1 week and 1 mo prostate checks were great, so now we monitor the prostate every 6 mo. His last kidney check was Dec 18, and was good, and we monitor every 3 mo, so in March. His 10 1/2 birthday is Feb 21, and you can bet we are going to celebrate.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Thu Feb 13, '14 12:13am PST 
Yay Harleycheer
That's wonderful news
[notify]
Harley, SD,- CGC, TDI

Super Service- Boy!

Barked: Wed Jun 25, '14 1:58am PST 
Well...We are 9 months past diagnosis. Last Friday we checked his levels. His CREA was 3.3 and his BUN was 60. But his Protein was perfect and his Urine Specific Gravity was the best it's been since this started at 1.030 (the lowest end of normal). His blood pressure was on the edge of being too high. So, we adjusted his blood pressure meds, and we recheck Friday.

I have already noticed that his appetite is back and he is being stubborn about drinking. I have this love/hate thing with him drinking. I know he NEEDS to drink a good bit, but I have also learned that him being stubborn about drinking is a sign that his numbers are coming down, and when he is drinking when asked, his numbers are climbing. I'm praying his CREA is back below 1.8 Friday. I need my boy to be ok.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2