What is wrong with people?

Share advice for keeping your aging dog happy and healthy

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 29)  
1  2  3  
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Jun 13, '13 4:19am PST 
hughughughughughughughughughug

Sabi, your last post was beautiful. Don't waste a second thought on those heartless jerks! You are doing your best for Sabi and you always have!

Edited by author Thu Jun 13, '13 4:20am PST

[notify]
Link

Barked: Thu Jun 13, '13 7:49am PST 
hughughughughughughughughughug

Don't pay any attention to them. You know Sabi best, and you will know when it's time. I had a couple of strangers telling me to put Link down once. I had mentioned that he had bitten my dad, and they told me that he was a fear biter and a menace to society. Some people are just clueless and tactless. So sad that they feel the need to be so rude to people they don't even know. silenced
[notify]
Misha- (R.I.P.- 4/29/13)

Play or hide?! I- dunno... @_@

Barked: Thu Jun 13, '13 12:31pm PST 
People who say "you can just get another one" REALLY don't know what it's like to lose a dog. Every dog is a special part of your family, one doesn't just replace another. When Misha was hit it was so devastating... I had a friend call and try to comfort me but everything she said just...she didn't understand the magnitude of the loss. She didn't get that they're not JUST dogs, they are children and best friends and unwavering companions...

They leave such a hole in your life. We got Arya a month later, and even though I'm growing to love her, I still miss Misha deeply and she will never replace him. I still have dreams where we're all together...

You deserve EVERY moment you have left.
[notify]

Sam

I eat- EVERYTHING!

Barked: Thu Jun 13, '13 8:52pm PST 
Sabi's a beautiful dog - I wish you guys the best.

I hear the 'it's just a dog' all the time at work. When I thought Sam had parvo, all my co-workers told me I should just forget about trying to treat him and just get a new one. After all, he was just a puppy =/

One co-worker which does have dogs faces the same issues. When his dog was very sick, he took the day off work to be with him and everyone in the office mocked him. 'He should just put it down already' was the worst thing I heard.

Yes, he's a furry animal. Yes, he can't do advanced calculus. And YES, he'll be there for me when no one else is.
[notify]
Peter Parker

Peace, Love &- Dachshunds

Barked: Thu Jun 13, '13 10:45pm PST 
People that say "you can just get another one", to me, are not even REAL human beings. Like, they've never loved an animal? It's almost like they don't have a real capacity to love if that makes sense. To me that's just unfathomable. I love Peter more than some of my human family members, it might be weird to say but it's true.
Sabi, I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Just know in your heart that YOU are doing what YOU think is best for Sabs and ignore all the unsolicted comments.
Sending you a big hug hughughug
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Fri Jun 14, '13 12:45am PST 
You guys are the best. Chin up right? I am trying to be my usual stupid hating self, I guess I'm just a bit touchy right now.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Jun 14, '13 5:55am PST 
You and Sabi are together and enjoying life. You also have a lot on your plate with Buddy and Shadow. Give yourself a break, you more than deserve one.
Your pups are loved and cared for and I know they love you as well. Far too much of life is wasted on worrying what other insensitive, uncaring, idiots who don't know you think. You are doing an amazing job with your pups and they are doing very well. You have kept working with Shadow and her difficulties when others would have given up long ago. Take it easy on yourself and remember you do have all of us to help when you are feeling down.
We certainly can't do for you what the pups do but we are here to help when you need us. Be a bit easier on yourself and ignore the jerks out there.hughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughug|: |hughughug
[notify]
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Sun Jun 16, '13 1:03pm PST 
I'm not a violent person, but if some dumbbutt said something about my dog like that, I might need to slap him/her.

My sympathies - thank you for caring for Sabi and doing what it best for her. Ignore the idiots.
[notify]
Seela

Beauty and the- Beast

Barked: Sun Jun 16, '13 11:08pm PST 
I cannot add anything more that what everyone else is saying on this thread. My first dog I trained to Sch3 was my everything. She was there through my divorce and through all the other tough times in my life back then. It seemed it was just the two of us against the world. I had to put her down at 11 yrs. It was one of the worst times in my life. That was 20 years ago and I still miss her terribly.

Whenever I met an idiot in Calgary, I always blamed that there was something in the water down there! (I can say this after living 30 years in Edmonton - two cities that like to rival each other). Time to come home to Nova Scotia where the sea water smells great and great people.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Sabi.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 29)  
1  2  3