GO!

How many older dogs wander off to die alone to spare their humans the pain of seeing them die?

Share advice for keeping your aging dog happy and healthy

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3  
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 5:47am PST 
I have heard of and seen many cats wander off to die usually because they are typically solitary animals and do not want to be vulnerable to other predators while weak. That seems to be their instinct.Dogs on the other hand typically seek out trusted companionship. Farm dogs are probably along the lines of cats because they typically are not close human companions and live outdoors on their own to do their work therefore having a less human dependent bond,I really don't know. This is supposed to be a beloved family pet. Toto,I hope she did make a run for itbig laugh After this incident as I said I will no longer answer posts to advise this person as Charlie said we all just seem to be wasting our time with this person. Maybe we should all allow them to take their drama elsewhere?
[notify]
Shane DEC- '08-JAN '12- RIP

In dreams I walk- with you..

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 6:25am PST 
Amen Dahlia. As devastated as I am over the recent loss of Shane, it would have been 10 times worse had he wandered off into the woods leaving me worried and searching, wondering if he was lost or hurt. I'm heartsick over his departure, but so grateful he came to my side allowing me the opportunity to say good-bye.

Edited by author Mon Jan 30, '12 4:45pm PST

[notify]
Hucky and- Ringo

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 11:52am PST 
I'd like to know how Maggie got out? In her profile pic and 2 others she seems to have a heavy chain around her neck and is tied up? Another poster said that cats are known to run away to die. That I believe from my past experiences with my in door-out door cats. But dogs, NOOOOO!!!! My dogs that were sick and new something was wrong were by my side until the day. Almost as though they were trying to confort me instead of themselves.
[notify]

The Roo- Crew™- ©®

We go together- like peas &- carrots

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 4:50pm PST 
I'm closing this thread. All of you know the Community Guidelines. If you don't, look at this page: Community Guidelines

Please consider the The Spirit of Dogster
The most important thing to familiarize yourself with is the "Spirit of Dogster." This site is for the love of dogs. It is about caring and support. It is about fun, friendly and informational sharing of our passion for our furry friends. There is no shortage of places on the Internet to fight, scratch and snarl and we thought it was high time to have a place that was all about the kindness and fun of sharing and communication. If you're used to the dog fighting that happens in other online communities, you can pull your claws in and stop growling. Dogster is a fun, friendly place. Take the time to be nice here! It's well worth the effort.

If you don't believe the OP or have a problem, bring it up to HQ, not the way so many of you decided to do this. Totally NOT the spirit of Dogster.
Dogster HQ

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 4:46pm PST 
Hi,

We have closed this thread. Threads can be closed temporarily or permanently for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are: the thread has gone off topic; the thread is not in the 'spirit' of Dogster; the thread is no longer fun, friendly or informational; the thread has been discussed at length in other threads; or we cannot provide adequate moderation at this time.

Please let HQ know if you have any questions.

HQ

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3