GO!

I'm confused

Share advice for keeping your aging dog happy and healthy

Woody

Woodro

Barked: Sat Jan 21, '12 1:55am PST 
Because Woody's only aged 8 but he's started to go gray.He still acts normal but instead of a decreasing appetite, he's gotten hungrier. What can I do?confusedconfusedconfusedconfused
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Jan 21, '12 6:58am PST 
There is no set age for a dog to begin showing grey hair. I wouldn't worry about him being prematurely grey. My 5 year old Akita is beginning to get a little grey on her chin. As far as the increase in appetite does he show any other symptoms such as getting cold more easily,gaining some weight,less activity than usual,or changes in skin or coat? If these are present you might want to consider having his thyroid levels checked by your vet. I don't know if his breed is prone to thyroid problems or not but it doesn't have to be a particular breed trait any dog can develop the issue. I personally would just take him in for a good once over by your vet who might notice something you wouldn't see.
[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Sat Jan 21, '12 9:52am PST 
Greying of the face doesn't really mean much.

Sanka has been grey for a LONG time. I know a lab that was grey by age 3. It's just cosmetic.
[notify]

Angel Lexi- ...Gone But- Never

Angel Kisses And- Butterfly- Whispers

Barked: Sat Jan 21, '12 1:54pm PST 
Great advice Mika and Kaiway to go Just like humans, we doggies sometimes get gray early in life.
[notify]
Angel Lexi- ...Gone But- Never

Angel Kisses And- Butterfly- Whispers

Barked: Sat Jan 21, '12 1:54pm PST 
Great advice Mika and Kaiway to go Just like humans, we doggies sometimes get gray early in life.
[notify]
Woody

Woodro

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 10:15am PST 
thanks for your advicesmile
[notify]
(retired)min- ister misty

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Mon Jan 23, '12 7:19am PST 
o don't worry.
some dogs get gray early,but are no senoirs at all.
don't worry about it...way to go
[notify]
Dingo

The only limit- is the end of- the trail

Barked: Mon Jan 23, '12 11:21am PST 
Dingo has been going grey since he was 2yrs old, it's nothing to worry about.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 5:51am PST 
Any update? We were just wondering if your pup saw the vet and needed the thyroid check or the problem resolved itself. We know of course the gray hair didn't go away but were concerned about the other issue.
Please let us know. Thanks!
[notify]