GO!

Laser therapy for arthritis

Share advice for keeping your aging dog happy and healthy

Dakota

"Where is my- walk?"

Barked: Wed Jan 4, '12 7:01am PST 
Hi everyone,
I have a 12 yr old Presa Canario (Mastiff Breed) with arthritis in the hind legs. She currently gets acupuncture once a month, is on daily glucosamine mixture, monthly adequan shots..etc I am curious to see if anyone has had success with Laser therapy, the Class IV type. I understand it's a couple treatments a week then as needed. Anyone have any good experience with this??
[notify]
Adam

Vaccine free- -Disease free- goes pawinpaw

Barked: Wed Jan 4, '12 9:30am PST 
I know of a golden retriever who got cold laser therapy for arthritis. He was extremely overweight, obese it was sad.

He was pretty nervous at the vet's, and calmed down after a couple treatments. But it was his obesity that kept giving him so much pain, the laser helped minimally. If he had weighed less I think there'd have been a greater improvement.

I read that laser therapy stimulates the cells, so sometimes it can get worse before it gets better. My holistic vet didn't agree with that though.

Have you heard of traumel for pain? It's a homeopathic pill can be given like pain medication.

Good luck...if you get it done please update!
[notify]
Aiki

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Barked: Wed Jan 4, '12 10:30am PST 
I get laser therapy for my arthritis, and I definitely feel better. It does take a series of treatments to see improvement, so follow doctor's orders. I now go about once a month for maintenance.
[notify]

Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Sun Jan 15, '12 11:04pm PST 
Chance has a Newfie friend that has these treatments. It has helped her.
[notify]
Peaches- ♥

I'm adopted!!

Barked: Mon Jan 16, '12 8:06pm PST 
Our vet just started offering this. She was skeptical at first but she SWEARS by it now. It really is amazing and the dogs love the treatment. Even our grumpy girl loves going in for treatment...they laser after doing anal gland expression to help with inflammation and she nearly fell asleep on them last time.
[notify]