Thank you all for your sweet words. smile
[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Thu Mar 15, '12 11:18am PST 
hughughughughugcry
[notify]

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 3:22pm PST 
So sorry to hear Taylor is struggling and sorry it's hard on you, too. I have an older dog, too and know how difficult it is to watch them move from puppy to senior so quickly. I don't know about the health issues you mentioned, however I think most disease is attributable to lack of nutrients ("dead" foods devoid of live nutrients, grains(!) and toxins (some vaccines, flea and tick treatments, treated water). When my dog started showing signs of arthritis, I started following some of the traditional food principals for humans, on her, I am amazed at how much better she gets around, is in very obvious less pain, has more flexibility, etc. I make her a gelatinous stock (not broth, which is made from meat; but stock which is from beef and chicken bones and chicken feet). You can easily search the web for how to make one that is rich in all the building blocks animals need to maintain overall health. Plus they LOVE it. I stumbled upon this when she kept trying to eat my homemade french onion soup because I had made my own stock. I make a batch once a week in the crock pot and feed her some every day. For info on nutrition and degenerative disease, read more at www.westonaprice.org, a book called "Dead Doctors Don't Lie", Sally Fallon's book, Nourishing Traditions". If you add a little vinegar when you put everything in the crock pot, it releases more of the minerals and vitamins held in the bones. I did several things prior to this, but this had the most noticeable impact on her- there was dramatic improvement within days and if I miss giving it to her for a week, it's obvious just looking at her gait. Good luck. I wish you the very best.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 3:28pm PST 
My condolences. I did not see that he had died when I posted. He was very lucky to have you.
[notify]
Yogi

I Just want to- have Fun

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 4:14pm PST 
Oh so sad! I lost a sister within the past year. My human Mommy is still having a hard time with itshrug
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 46)  
1  2  3  4  5