GO!

How much human Glucosamine should I give?

Share advice for keeping your aging dog happy and healthy

Dusty

Barked: Fri Sep 30, '11 8:14am PST 
I have a 50 pound dog, and I want to know how much Glucosamine I should give her for arthritis? I hear "Dear Claw" was good as well. Either Dear Claw or Paw, or Bear Claw. I saw it on yahoo answers. I also heard Glucosamine HCI is better than the other one. I'm new to this world of giving senior pets things for arthritis so any information is great. I decided dogster is the best place for info. I'm chosing to use the human form because it's more affordable, and I heard theres no difference.
Another question, how do I get notifications for responses. I went looking all over and its frustrating to have to keep the page open and refresh all the time. Thanks.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Sep 30, '11 11:19am PST 
Ask your vet for the recommended dose.I'm sure that whatever the mg.dose in the veternary formuls would be the same or p-mail Zoey,Ziva and Shellie's Mom. She's been a vet tech for a long time and would be able to answer you. I don't know how to be notified about posts just comments on your pet page.Try Dogster tips and tricks for an answer to that one. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
[notify]
Simba Zulu ~- In Loving- Memory

Beach Baby

Barked: Wed Nov 2, '11 6:22am PST 
I just noticed a tiny word at the bottom right of each post: (notify). I wonder if that would work???
[notify]

Beach Baby

Barked: Wed Nov 2, '11 6:33am PST 
Please see my post here: http://www.dogster.com/forums/Senior_Dogs/thread/715510

It tells you how much human glucosamine I was giving Simba. He did quite well initially and his tummy is doing just fine now, after adjusting to the glucosamine combo. But his arthritis is much more severe, so we're starting him on arthroplex today. The vet says he'll be 'a new dog' within two or three days! I can't NOT do it, for Simba's sake. He's in a lot of pain now, and very wobbly. Let's just hope it helps.
[notify]

Beach Baby

Barked: Thu Nov 3, '11 6:50am PST 
Sorry, I screwed up. Do NOT click on "notify" unless you want to report a post for being inappropriate. I tried this on my own post and found that I had reported it! Ooops! red facered face
[notify]