|Barked: Wed Jun 1, '11 8:07am PST |
|Poem about a Blind Dog
by Sherrill Wardrip:I cannot see you Mommy, when you cuddle me so near.
And yet I know you love me, it's in the words I hear.
I cannot see you Daddy, when you hold me by your side
But still I know you love me when you tell me so with pride.
I cannot see to run and play out in the sun so bright
For here inside my tiny head it's always dark as night.
I cannot see the treats you give when I am extra good
But I can wag my tail in Thanks just like a good dog should.
"She cannot see. The dogs no good" is what some folks might say
"She can't be trained, she'll never learn She must be put away."
But not you, Mom and Daddy You know that it's all right
Because I love you just as much as any dog with sight.
You took me in, you gave me love and we will never part
Because I'm blind with just my eyes, I see you in my heart.
theres another one 2
My body may age but my mind will stay young.
I've much left to do, many songs to be sung.
many roads are to be travelled, much love to express,
many souls that need aid, who are now in distress.
I will do what I can to help brighten your day,
I will spread cheer and love as I pass by your way.
The world is my oyster, to have and to hold,
why, I'm really too busy to ever grow old.
1. I have the right to give and receive unconditional love.
2. I have the right to a life that is beyond mere survival.
3. I have the right to be trained so that I do not become the prisoner of
4. I have the right to adequate food and medical care.
5. I have the right to fresh air and green grass.
6. I have the right to socialize with people and dogs outside my own
7. I have the right to special time with my people.
8. I have the right to be bred responsibly, if at all.
9. I have the right to be foolish and silly, and to make my person laugh.
10. I have the right to earn my person's trust and to be trusted in return.
11. I have the right to be forgiven.
12. I have the right to die with dignity.
13. I have the right to be remembered well.
Poem for Dog Lovers
by Ginger Patton
Hello. I've been expecting you for quite some
Here, come sit beside us for awhile .
and let me tell you about this old friend of mine.
She might look tattered or maybe old
But I won't say goodbye until you've been told.
She had the brightest eyes I had ever seen,
And wore a beautiful fur coat that would out
shine a queen .
She was never prissy but walked with an aire ......
And oh so polite, you could take her most
She could run like the wind and could catch
anything she chased
But she protected and sat with me when I had
problems to face.
You could not find a friend nearly so dear.
Because no matter the trouble she always stayed
She has never asked for much from me;
Just to love and respect her and I think you'll
To give her a good meal plus a nice warm bed is
not much to ask ;
When she has given me all her love and to her this
was no task.
Now I understand you have a schedule to keep.
But I have a small favor before she nods off to
Please fold your wings around her and let her feel
young while in no pain ;
Dear Guardian Angel of Pets ,
please keep her safe and happy until I see her
I found all of these on this website http://www.almostheaven-golden-retriever-rescue.org/poems3.html
Tell me what you think of this
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become pals|| [notify]|