How long might she live?

Share advice for keeping your aging dog happy and healthy

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3  
Hershey

I'm sticking my- tongue out at- you!

Barked: Mon May 2, '11 2:34pm PST 
Samson,

Non ESAs or SDs have to be crated when in the cabin and out of the way under a seat. That's why large dogs can't fly in the cabin. What context did you see that thread? A lot of times SD/ESA handlers will buy an extra seat if they have a large dog to ensure that they don't get bumped if the flight is full and no one wants to share their foot room.
[notify]
Dante

Cuddling,- walking, food,- it's all good.

Barked: Tue May 3, '11 8:23pm PST 
Knew a pom who hadn't had a very stable life til the last 7 years of his life, my sister was told the dog was very old and wouldn't live much longer, 7 YEARS later at the age 18/19 he passed.
[notify]
Eponine

Love- unconditionally.

Barked: Wed May 4, '11 5:57am PST 
Thanks everyone. It means a lot to me. All this stuff my parents keep saying about how I'm such a jerk for wanting to import her and she's too old to make the trip is just STUFF.

Samson, there are airlines that let you bring your dog on the plane, sitting on the seat! It is prohibitively expensive though. The one I know of for sure is DogTravel Company. If I was super rich I'd bring Eppy here on the cruise they offer! big grin

Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Fri May 6, '11 1:02am PST 
Well...I was eight years old when Cindy and me and Barney all moved to Hawaii...we spent about eight hours in our crates, and then we had to go off to quarantine for four months...it was hard...and of course at "only" eight, I was still quite fit...but Cindy would've done it anyway, even if I was older as long as I was in good health. The time we have together is very precious and I think it is great that you are going to stay together! There are never any guarantees about the future,of course, but savor your "todays!" And by the way, I think smaller dogs like you generally have really good longevity!
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3