GO!

Selegiline for doggie cognitive disorder

Share advice for keeping your aging dog happy and healthy

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 26)  
1  2  3  
Little CoCo- Puff

I have a soccer- Mom!

Barked: Thu Dec 5, '13 5:42am PST 
Maddy, I have a 4 pound Pomeranian, Little CoCo Puff who is on Selegiline. It comes in 5mg but we give 1/2 of tablet. She has been on it for 5 days now and I do notice a small improvement in her pacing and sleeping pattern. My vet told me it would take up to two weeks before a definite change may happen. CoCo is 13 years old and her cognitive awareness is slipping. She paces, doesn't sleep at night, had a few accidents in the house and just seem confused. Like I said I have seen a slight change so far so I am hoping for better things to come. There are side effects with all drugs but I had to pick the lesser of two evils. Hard to watch your dog work itself up into a anxious frenzy.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Thu Dec 5, '13 2:39pm PST 
bump
[notify]

Barked: Sun Jan 12, '14 4:26pm PST 
I started my yellow lab/beagle mix 13/yo girl on selegiline 2 months ago and can say that she has done a 180 degree turn. She would pace and pant as if she were reacting to a thunderstorm in her earlier years. This pacing would start @ 3AM and go throughout the day. If she weren't pacing, she would stand behind the recliner in the family room and stare at the floor for hours. She lost a good deal of weight in the 2 months since it started, which coincided with her rabies and distemper vaccination. In the 2 months since she started, she has begun to play and interact socially. I would recommend looking for the prescription online. I found Valley pet RX way cheaper than anybody else. Good luck all.
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Wed Jan 15, '14 6:49am PST 
bump
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Tue Feb 4, '14 11:19am PST 
I decided I'd rather look at Duncan then Spam, so
Bump
[notify]

Barked: Fri Apr 4, '14 4:19am PST 
My 16yr old german shepherd/husky cross started on Selegiline 10 days ago. his urine has become very strong & super smelly, staining the stones where he wees.
Has anybody else noticed this side effect? He also takes Leisgard every 3rd month (which is co-inciding with the Selagiline)for the leishmaniosis he has had for 9 yrs.dog:
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 26)  
1  2  3