GO!

Older Bulldog Diet

Share advice for keeping your aging dog happy and healthy

Tigger CGC

eff leashes!!- lol Oorah!

Barked: Thu Mar 10, '11 9:34am PST 
Tigger is turning 6 next week, I saw the post on Senior food and it got me thinking, if I should put Tigger on a senior food?

Im wondering because shes a Bulldog and they dont normally live past 10 when I should put her on a different diet then my other dog.....

Shes on kirkland Lamb kibble right now, with a raw bone a few times a week. Shes still very energenic and hasnt shown any signs of slowing down big grin
[notify]
Dolly

I'm spoiled but- not rotten!

Barked: Thu Mar 10, '11 9:38am PST 
Dolly is almost 8 and is on an adult dog food. Unless there are kidney issues I keep mine on adult. My vet has told me senior foods are a marketing gimmick way to go
[notify]
Tigger CGC

eff leashes!!- lol Oorah!

Barked: Thu Mar 10, '11 3:12pm PST 
Thanks Dolly, thats what I figured smile Honestly I was not looking forward to buying two different bags of food....My goal is to get her to at least 13! I saw your post on the Vitamins might try that.
[notify]

Bob, CGC

To err is- human-to forgive- canine

Barked: Thu Mar 10, '11 4:28pm PST 
I say just do some vitamins and a healthy food and diet. Personally I dont buy into the really dire bulldog life expectancy, hopefully its not just wishful thinking! I plan to get Bob to 13 too, if not more. Sadly many bulldogs are overweight and that could a factor in their reduced life span. Id say keep Tigger active and on a good food and do some vitamins and maybe antioxidants
[notify]