GO!

Need advice about terriers

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Other posts by this user

Barked: Sat Jul 7, '07 5:33pm PST 
Hello. We are a family of 6. We just came back from seeing scotty puppies. We are very close to saying yes to getting a girl. But I just don't know? Need advice will she be happy with an outdoors family in Alaska??
[notify]
Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Fri Jul 13, '07 5:41pm PST 
Well, my i have 3 dogs. A male dachshie, male bully, and a female scottie named Allee.

Out of the 3 she tolerates the cold as well as the heat the best. She loves to walk no matter what and she never gets tired. I'll always love lil weenie doggies like my Bama and , but there is something unique about a scottie. They have the greatest personality ever. They are quirky and always keep u laughing- as well as very smart and attentive. I think a girl would be great. Just check out my girl's page.
[notify]
Goldie

Rub My Belly!

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '08 8:28am PST 
Although I live in GA we just had snow and our scottie LOVED it. She walked right across the snow on her big scottie (furry) feet!
[notify]

Annie Belle

Born to bite

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '08 10:37am PST 
I have had six Scotties over the years. They are the most wonderful dogs in the world. They tolerate the cold very well. They should NEVER be left outside, all the time, but when someone is with them, they are fine. Scotties are not like any other dog, they will bond with you and love you, but sometimes that will be on their own terms and timing. Some Scotties like to be "lap dogs" and some don't. You will never regret getting a Scottie.

Nita
[notify]
Annie Belle

Born to bite

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '08 10:40am PST 
Hi again, you did not say how old your children are, but with any terrier in general, small children HAVE to be trained how to treat a dog or you can be headed for disaster. With the proper care and love, a Scottie will fit in anywhere. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know.
[notify]
Jack

"Find the Squeak- on the Inside."

Barked: Mon Mar 17, '08 5:55pm PST 
Hello! I have a Westie, not a Scottie, but I love my little terrier. I have heard that with Scotties a little more than Westies that they are not as readily fond of children, and I've even been warned that Westies don't handle little ones well, but my Jack has been raised around children, and has taken very well to my 6 month old niece, Emma. He even offered her his present from Nana on Christmas day! I think that whatever kind of terrier you introduce into your home, if you bring them up around children, they will be very happy around children. Just so you know, too, terriers are very willful, and need training (professional or otherwise) more than other dogs so they understand who's boss. They'll be a lot more polite and happier that way.
[notify]
Madeleine

Hoot-Mon! A wee- bairn lassie

Barked: Thu Sep 4, '08 7:49am PST 
Scotties prefer cold weather. They love snow. Alaska will be fine.
[notify]