GO!

Jaw Snapping

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Dinah

Dynamo

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '07 8:10am PST 
I've had my scottish terrier for one month. She is about 18 months old. She has a habit of snapping her teeth when she is playing. Any ideas how to correct this behavior? Other than that, she has adjusted perfectly to our home.
[notify]
Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 3:11pm PST 
do u mean biting???

Allee still accidentally bites somtimes when she is playing with a toy and wants us to get it from her. boy do they have strong jaws.
[notify]
Baxter

Barked: Fri May 4, '07 1:54pm PST 
Hi
She is a terrier. I wouldn't worry about it. We all do that but have never harmed anyone yet
[notify]

Dinah

Dynamo

Barked: Wed May 9, '07 12:48pm PST 
Thanks for reassuring my Mom, she was worried and now doesn't care if I snap my teeth together! Her old dog loved all other doggies and I am much pickier with making friends. I try to scare everyone away with my ferocious bark! Dinah
[notify]
Edie Casillo

Are we there- yet????

Barked: Thu May 17, '07 10:40am PST 
We do have strong jaws and were bred to hunt. I sometimes get carried away shaking things. I have killed a rat or two, but my Mom thinks that is a cool trait.
[notify]
Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Thu May 17, '07 10:27pm PST 
The other day Allee was jumping up to catch a ball and missed........ she bit down on her tongue and it started bleeding. I freaked out but of course she acted like nothing happened. She is really tough. I am glad though because my bulldog loves to play rough.
[notify]
Fiona- McCrotchsnif- fer

Ummm, it wasn't- me.

Barked: Fri Jun 8, '07 4:29pm PST 
not onlystrong jaws but also long teeth!
[notify]