GO!

How much did your St Bernard weigh at 8 weeks?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Fri Nov 23, '12 3:39pm PST 
A 9 month old weighing 190? That's not good. Way too big for his age. You don't want a 9 month old puppy weighing so much.
At 13 months Moose weighs a lean 140 and he's got another year and a half of filling out to do.
Slow and steady is how giant breed growth should be.
[notify]
Gatsby

Better than the- whole bunch put- together

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 2:03pm PST 
Gatsby was 22lbs, when we picked him up at the farm, at just about 8 weeks. He is 150ish lbs now and 15 months.
[notify]
Augustus

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '12 12:00pm PST 
I'm curious, Gatsby and Moose... did you see a slow steady growth? Augustus is now 7 months, 75 lbs... we are seeing 10-11 lbs a month pretty consistantly since we brought him home at 8 weeks.

Wondering when your boys peaked and their growth started slowing?
[notify]

Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '12 9:23pm PST 
Moose was putting on 2lbs a week up until he was about 9-10 months old. Maybe even sooner than that, I don't remember exactly.
He got weighed last a little less than 2 months ago and he weighed 135. I'm guessing now that he weighs 140 or so, so he's slowing down on how quickly he puts it on.

He's 31" tall, so he's done going up. Now it's a year and a half to fill out that frame and I suspect he'll be, fully grown, somewhere between 175-200lbs.
[notify]
Gatsby

Better than the- whole bunch put- together

Barked: Sat Dec 15, '12 7:50pm PST 
We weighed Gatsby just about every 2 weeks, and saw about a 10lb weight gain at each weigh in. We've never owned a giant breed before so, we were freaking out. The vet reassured us that that was quite typical for the giant breed dogs.

He gained 10lbs every two weeks, then tapered off to about 5 every two weeks, and now he's been between 145-150 for three months. At his last check up, the vet said that he was pretty much as big as he was as heavy as he was going to get, although he might fill out a bit more.

Augustus will probably start to taper off soon.
[notify]
Sebastian

Barked: Wed Apr 3, '13 7:08am PST 
Hi, my puppy was 11 pounds at 7 weeks when I got him. Since that time, he has grown great without looking overweight. I looked online for a St. Bernard growth chart and posted it on my fridge. So far, Sebastian has followed it very closely. According to the growth chart that I have, the male SB should be roughly 17-18 pounds at 2 months of age, 49 pounds around 4 months of age, 91 pounds around 6 months of age, 129 pounds around 12 months of age, 160 pounds around 36 months of age, and 184 pounds around 60 months of age. Hope this helps. laugh out loud
[notify]
Augustus

Barked: Thu Apr 4, '13 9:26am PST 
Can we get an updated pictire of Sebastien!!! He's a cutie!
[notify]
Sebastian

Barked: Mon Apr 15, '13 2:39pm PST 
Absolutely!! I will update it soon.
[notify]
max

Barked: Sat Sep 13, '14 4:25pm PST 
hi I have a 10 week old Saint Bernard he haves 27 pounds I wonder if he too small for his age
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2