GO!

Do ridgeback mixes have to have the ridge?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Misty

My Personal Body- Guard!

Barked: Tue Mar 30, '10 9:04pm PST 
Wow, I just came here to ask the same question!! My Misty looks Just like all the pictures I've seen but she also just doesn't have the ridge. Everyone always asks me what kind of dog she is, but she is a Rescue and I really don't know. Just Curious what any other Ridgeback owners think about Misty. Any helpful info would be Really Appreciated. Thanks!!
[notify]
Lady, CD,- RN, CGC, TD,- Inc.

Barked: Fri Apr 23, '10 6:39am PST 
No. All mixes do not have a ridge just as some purebred Ridgebacks do not have a ridge. The ridge is very distinct in repose and does not change when the dog is agitated, the hair at the base of the neck and on the rear will rise up when agitated.
[notify]
Indy

Barked: Fri Nov 23, '12 8:08am PST 
I was wondering the same thing! My dog is a mutt and we were told he was an American Foxhound mix. A few days ago I was looking through my dog book and stopped at the page about the rhodesian ridgeback because it looked so much like Indy! Indy does not have the ridge either.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2