GO!

What do you eat?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
ZOE

Born to run.

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '08 9:54pm PST 
ZOE is eats Innova Adult food. She's 73 to 75#'s, runs at 16 mph,
sometimes at 20 mph for 1 to 3.5 miles 5 days a week and receives
3.5 ozs of dry and 1 oz twice a day. Daily snacks 0.5 to 1 oz of dry
and just before bed time 1 oz of can. Once a week I'll give her 2t of
Yogurt or Applesause. Sometimes I'll let her lick my plate if I leave
some applesause and/or small pices of chicken, turkey, beef or tuna.
Once a month I'll give her 8 ozs of Chicken of the Sea Pink Salmon
over several feedings. I also give her raw baby carrots as a treat once
in a while.
To check out the quality of different foods, go here:
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/index.php

Jim/ZOE
jollyjim@flash.net
[notify]
ZOE

Born to run.

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '08 9:55pm PST 
ZOE is eats Innova Adult food. She's 73 to 75#'s, runs at 16 mph,
sometimes at 20 mph for 1 to 3.5 miles 5 days a week and receives
3.5 ozs of dry and 1 oz twice a day. Daily snacks 0.5 to 1 oz of dry
and just before bed time 1 oz of can. Once a week I'll give her 2t of
Yogurt or Applesause. Sometimes I'll let her lick my plate if I leave
some applesause and/or small pices of chicken, turkey, beef or tuna.
Once a month I'll give her 8 ozs of Chicken of the Sea Pink Salmon
over several feedings. I also give her raw baby carrots as a treat once
in a while.
To check out the quality of different foods, go here:
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/index.php

Jim/ZOE
jollyjim@flash.net
[notify]
Daniel

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '08 6:51am PST 
Hi All! MY mom is a canine nutritionist and feeds me all kinds of stuff! Mostly I eat home made cooked foods, and mom makes stuff with turkey, beef heart, liver, venison, fish,lamb, tripe, lentils, sweet potato, brown rice, and some pills and stuff she puts in there. I don't like eggs or sardines which is too bad, Mom says, cuz home cooking costs a lot and those are great foods for dogs - but I just don't like em. smile
I'm a little spoiled, whatever that means.

When mom is busy she buys me foods I REALLY like, Orijen Adult and she mixes it with Canidae so the protein isn't too high. I get really hyper when the protein is too high, she says. She also buys these cans of Merrick's which are my favourite thing in life but she says theyre really expensive and her home made food is better and cheaper! But she loves me so she gets me then anyway for treats. Mom is a nutrition nut but she isn't too strict, life has to have some fun too. She makes home made frosty paws and wheatfree salmon cookies and I love it all!

Nice to meet the other RRs here....
wavewave
[notify]

Oscar

Barked: Sun Mar 23, '08 1:14pm PST 
Mine eat Nutro Ultra. One of the terms of the breeder contract on my puppy was holisitc food; we tried a few different foods to no avail. The one that the breeder wanted was not sold at the pet stores and my vet was not a fan, so after four different brands, we called him and he said to try Nutro. My two adult dogs eat the weight management formula to maintain their boyish good looks. It also had amongst the lowest phosphorus counts and not as much protein, which made it good to mix with one of their prescription foods. One of my dogs was passing stones into his bladder and his helath is the important thing. Mixing it was the only way that I could get him to eat the Science Diet Prescription stuff that he needs for desolving the crystals to prevent more stones (and more surgery). The puppy eats the the large breed formula. Actually, this is her last bag; she's going to adult food completely when she's done with it.
[notify]
Oscar

Barked: Sun Mar 23, '08 1:15pm PST 
Mine eat Nutro Ultra. One of the terms of the breeder contract on my puppy was holisitc food; we tried a few different foods to no avail. The one that the breeder wanted was not sold at the pet stores and my vet was not a fan, so after four different brands, we called him and he said to try Nutro. My two adult dogs eat the weight management formula to maintain their boyish good looks. It also had amongst the lowest phosphorus counts and not as much protein, which made it good to mix with one of their prescription foods. One of my dogs was passing stones into his bladder and his helath is the important thing. Mixing it was the only way that I could get him to eat the Science Diet Prescription stuff that he needs for desolving the crystals to prevent more stones (and more surgery). The puppy eats the the large breed formula. Actually, this is her last bag; she's going to adult food completely when she's done with it.
[notify]
Iggi

aka Rodney

Barked: Wed Jun 4, '08 6:39pm PST 
We eat Raw. The unfortuantely named BARF diet which stands for Biologically Appropriate Raw Food or sometimes Bones and Raw Food. Depends who you talk to. We love it! We get different kinds every day, Beef, Chicken, Duck, Bison... Our humans have a special butcher who grinds up all the meat and bones and it comes out looking just like ground beef. Makes it easy on them. They also supplement this diet with vitamins (mulitvitamin, Vit E, Fish Oil, vitamin C) and just about a teaspoon of oil. That's because the high ground bone content could make it difficult to poop if they don't juice us up.

My coat has never been better, I don't have that doggy smell anymore, my poop is small and compact because there isn't alot of filler like in commercial dog food, so more stays in me. If my humans take too long to pick up after my poop in the yard, guess what happens? It turns white and disentegrates because it's mostly just the bone and calcium coming out. It just drifts away. No more disgusting smell dog poop in the yard.

Want to learn more/ http://www.armellinosk9.com/
[notify]
UBER

UBER ... need I- say more

Barked: Tue Jun 10, '08 5:33pm PST 
I eat raw food

With veggie's & friuts

Ice Cream also makes a good meal smile
[notify]
Elsie

Do what I want- when I want....

Barked: Tue Aug 26, '08 9:02am PST 
I dont know if I like people food...mom wont let me have any because she doesnt want me to beg. Sometimes she mixes yogurt with my dry dog food because the vet said I had an infection. I didnt like it at first but I scarf it down now. I eat purina 1 for growing dogs. When I get an upset tummy mom sometimes will give me some chiken and rice soup to settle it down.. I go through about a bag of dog food a week. Mom gives me extra when I am really active...which is almost everyday. She calls me her little porker. The vet told my mom that she cant leave food down all the time because I dont know when to stop so I eat 3 times a day...and a doggie treat every time I go in my kennel. blue dog

Edited by author Tue Aug 26, '08 9:04am PST

[notify]
Zoey

Barked: Tue Aug 26, '08 9:32pm PST 
I mostly eat Puppy Chow. The humane society mixed that and Iams puppy food, so when I moved here I stuck to that. I don't get people food either cuz I'd probably be a big begger! I really like Natural Balance Duck & Potato, but I think I like the rolls (turkey and lamb) even more than the dry food. I've had stomach problems though sometimes and have thrown up a couple times. Once I think it's cuz I got big dog food instead of puppy food a couple months ago. But I also eat a lot of bugs in the backyard and even got a sting in my mouth one time. The doctor said I should move up from puppy food in the next 6 weeks.
[notify]
KIYA

Barked: Fri Sep 26, '08 7:48am PST 
I guess I'm the only one who eats Science Diet? My mom mixes the Adult Large Breed Dry with the Adult Nature's Best Chicken and Brown Rice dry. I love it and eat 3 cups a day- breakfast, lunch and dinner. Mom also does this to keep a small amount of food in me so if I run have a less chance of getting bloat which shes says could kill me if I couldn't get to a vet fast enough frown

Mom is lucky to be able to get science diet for free since her friend is in vet school and can get ANY bag of SD for $5 !
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3