GO!

What did your dog(s) have to eat today?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Ginger

Ready Set GO!

Barked: Fri Jan 16, '15 7:37am PST 
Yesterday morning Ginger got some pork chunks.
For dinner last night she got a chunk of chicken back.
For breakfast she got organ grind, fish oil and a vitamin E cap.
For dinner she is getting pork chunks.

She would like you to know she got something super terrific before the pork came out of the freezer. A fetal calf leg! It was about a pound and only lasted for 2 days with organ/tripe offered for the other meal of the day. I forgot about it, there are a number of big pieces of a 20 pound calf in the freezer to offer up.
[notify]
Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Fri Jan 16, '15 9:37am PST 
My dogs would very much like to have fetal calves!

That was my first exposure to raw feeding, actually. In Woodsong, Paulsen finds his working dogs can't digest kibble properly and switches to a coarse grind of fetal calves.

Yesterday was meaty pork with a bit of chicken, and whole mackerel and sardines (transitionary day - I ran out of both pork and mackerel).

Today, we're back on a Bravo turkey blend kick, so 4oz AM, 4oz PM with 4oz of chicken.

Veggie puree is currently raw spinach, green beans and berry mix. Been supplementing zinc because beef is hard to come by at the moment and my breed is prone to zinc deficiency.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2