GO!

Prey model diet Q

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Barked: Sun Dec 22, '13 7:00pm PST 
Hi all i just have a Q about prey model diet. I will be starting my pup on this diet but just wasnt sure about how much RMB i should be giving. I know the general guide is 80/10/10 but what percentage per week is RMB because ita too hard to figure out percentages of bone on the meat. I was thinking around 50% of the diet over a week should be about correct? Thanks.
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Fri Dec 27, '13 10:13am PST 
bump
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Fri Dec 27, '13 3:20pm PST 
Bump
[notify]

Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sun Dec 29, '13 7:46pm PST 
The problem we have with 50% meaty bones is they vary a great deal on the amount of bone in there! A chicken foot weighs about 1.5 ounces but has 75% of the bone Max needs daily where a chicken quarter might weigh 8 ounces and contain just about the right amount of bone for him. If I gave him 5 ounces of chicken feet he would get far more bone than needed and 5 ounces of thigh might not be enough.

I like feeding super bony chicken so I can feed lots more red meat most of the time so Max might get a couple chicken feet, chicken ribs, back and most of his meal be red meat and organs.

Chance's website has lists of how much bone in what RMB.
http://www.chanceslittlewebsite.com/prey-model-raw.html
[notify]