GO!

Raw food suppliers in Los Angeles

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Baron Ammo- Leavitt

Barked: Thu Nov 21, '13 12:14pm PST 
I just started doing raw and am having difficulty finding places to get raw meats at a reasonable price. i was hoping someone had suggestions of specific places to shop. i know to look at ethnic markets but if anyone goes anywhere perticular please share. It would be greatly appreciated. I dont trust many places out here especially for raw products, so having specific shops or butchers etc would really be incredibly amazingly helpful!applausehappy dance
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Thu Nov 21, '13 5:01pm PST 
I googled my area to find grocery stores I didn't know existed and look through the weekly ads. Ethnic markets chains have online flyers and great deals some weeks. I went to Super King for the first time on New Year's Eve to get lamb ribs for $1 a pound 5 years ago [never happened again though] and my local kv mart almost always has some sort of big pork cut for $1 a pound.

If you have a flexible schedule then Creston Valley is awesome. The truck comes around every other week and you meet it at a freeway exit when it gets there. The driver keeps in touch with buyers via Twitter and phone.
http://www.crestonvalleymeats.com/index.html

There is a guy in Temecula posting on Craig's List that sells whole animals cut and packed that seems like a good deal to me but I haven't contacted him yet. Whether he would pack and sell all but the intestines or not I don't know. We raw feeders want lungs, trachea, head and all that where most buyers don't.

Don't forget your local market, the clearance rack may have some good deals. A couple months ago mine had half a dozen pounds of beef heart for only $1 a pound. I snapped those up so fast! I left whole chickens for $.70 a pound a couple weeks ago because I had lots of chicken already and the freezer was nearly full. About killed me but I left them behind. Just remember to figure price per pound, a tiny $2 package may not be as good a deal as a large $10 package. Chicken and pork are good deals if $1 a pound or less, beef a good deal if $3 a pound or less without much fat or bone, $2 if bony or fatty.
[notify]
Baron Ammo- Leavitt

Barked: Thu Nov 21, '13 5:25pm PST 
Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! =D
[notify]