GO!

Can I feed mainly raw chicken?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Turbo

Turbo the- Stranger Lover

Barked: Mon Nov 11, '13 10:54am PST 
Well I started my dog off on his prey model diet about two months ago and I've rotated around three different proteins; chicken, beef, and pork.
However, I encountered some problems during the process. One, both pork and beef are a bit more costly than chicken, especially beef. Two, my dog will not eat pork (I have given him pork neckbones and he still hesitated to eat it). I do give him his organs, he's had chicken liver and beef liver. Soon, I am going to an ethnic market for exotic organs for him.

I was wondering if I could just feed him raw chicken and occasionally give him beef/pork/other proteins?

I hope some of you can understand, I'm 18 with no consistent job I'm just trying the best for my dog. Suggestions for cheaper alternatives would be well appreciated.

PS. I do not have a large enough freezer to buy in bulk from butcher shops.silenced
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Mon Nov 11, '13 3:06pm PST 
If you can swing half bony chicken and half boneless pork and beef you are fine but all bony chicken isn't a good idea. Too high in bone [you could cut half of it out of course] but worse a poor omega 3:6 ratio and not enough of the big three micro minerals, iron/zinc/copper and feeding more liver wouldn't help.

There is no problem just giving chicken for bone if you prefer. There is no special virtue to beef/pork/lamb bone itself.
[notify]