GO!

Dehydrated Liver

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Rukia

Right. Now let- me tell you- about MY day

Barked: Sun Nov 10, '13 11:29pm PST 
We have had our dogs on a raw diet for almost three years now, but our Shiba seems to have an issue with one huge part of it: the liver. She refuses to eat it. We have tried everything from searing it to serving it cooler than normal and all the temperatures in between. The ONLY way we have found she will eat liver is when it is treats.

So here is my question(s):

Is dehydrated liver (in an actual dehydrator if that makes a difference) an acceptable alternative for my girl?

If so, would I just dehydrate her normal amount and call it good? Or would I need to actually double the amount she gets because of the shrinkage of the meat?

Anyone have any idea on this?

Thank you for your time.
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Mon Nov 11, '13 3:51am PST 
bump
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Mon Nov 11, '13 9:00am PST 
Go ahead and offer it dehydrated. It cannot be quite as good but the minerals are just fine anyway. Weigh it wet then dry to figure how much water is lost and feed the equivalent, not the same ounces. When I did this for treats 1 ounce raw went to .6 ounce dehydrated for instance.
[notify]

Rukia

Right. Now let- me tell you- about MY day

Barked: Mon Nov 11, '13 6:29pm PST 
Thank you very much! We know liver is essential in the raw diet and we just wanted to make sure that giving it to her dehydrated was acceptable. Stubborn Shiba...
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Wed Nov 13, '13 7:53pm PST 
Bumping to drown spambots
[notify]