GO!

looking ahead...turkey for a 6 lb dog.

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Sparky

YoUr sLiPpEr iS- MiNe NoW

Barked: Sat Aug 10, '13 8:05am PST 
Looking ahead here, Sparky started eating PMR Wednesday and we have about (from what I've read) another week and a half with chicken. Now the question is, what parts of turkey can I feed a 6 lb dog that is size appropriate. I guess I can just throw him a Turkey neck and wait for him to get tired eating it lol.
[notify]
Ginger

Ready Set GO!

Barked: Sat Aug 10, '13 11:42am PST 
Ginger is 19 pounds and I suspect she will be getting a few inches of a turkey neck, the big joint of a wing or breast with some ribs first time she gets a whole meal of turkey. Her first bits will be just meat as I introduce just about 1/2 ounce of a new meat first time. Maybe next year when she can eat big she will get a whole neck, drumstick or thigh at about a pound they would be 300% of her daily ration. She lets me take away food but I am not going to trade her for something big just yet as she is on a diet and isn't getting as much as she was used to eating every day.

You can just offer turkey meat and use chicken for bone if you like too.
[notify]
Sparky

YoUr sLiPpEr iS- MiNe NoW

Barked: Sat Aug 10, '13 12:58pm PST 
I was thinking of giving him Turkey meat one day then maybe a chicken wing the next. It will just too funny to see him eating a whole Turkey leg. Lol! Thanks for the advice. big grin
[notify]

Ginger

Ready Set GO!

Barked: Sat Aug 10, '13 5:01pm PST 
So true! Ginger looked so cute with the huge bones from a pork shoulder roast. Since there were actually three bones it was really fun to watch her to try to figure out how to get the good stuff off. I wanted to go turn it over for her but she figured it out by herself.
[notify]